Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 08:34 AM

32,616 posts, read 77,579,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTH View Post
I'm pretty reserved myself, but I've known many straight couples who love the PDAs. It does strike me as a little strange he wanted to go straight to that level of PDA, but I think the upshot is just that you two really weren't compatible.
True. He's the "out and proud" type. I'm not. I've always felt a bit embarrassed/ashamed of myself for being a societal outlier, and I try to do everything in my power to minimize those feelings by attempting to assimilate rather than stick out like a sore thumb. I want to walk down the street and have someone think "that's a guy", not "that's a gay guy." I like sports, cars, and really unleashing my aggression. I guess I'm "butch", so to speak. I don't attend any sort of "Pride" events because I don't feel the need to scream to complete strangers in public "I like men" (nor do I personally understand why my counterparts do?) I personally have no issue with heterosexual couples being affectionate in public, but I do resent the fact that it's not exactly a tit-for-tat sort of situation in that those very same people will then become "offended" if a non-heterosexual couple walks by holding hands. It seems very hypocritical to me, but I digress.

I will say that I am disappointed, though, because it's rare for someone to take an interest in me in a romantic sense because I'm not exactly Taylor Lautner or Kellan Lutz in the appearance department, if you catch my drift. With how vain, shallow, and materialistic many in the younger LGBT community are today it was a rare feat for someone to be willing to look past my physical flaws to try to find my inner beauty. It's just a shame it wasn't meant to be.

Old 07-11-2010, 12:23 PM

3,164 posts, read 6,948,567 times
I know that guys are very visual so looks are important in the gay community but I don't see any physical flaws that you have. You look like a fairly attractive young man. You're not homely. I've certainly seen MUCH more unattractive guys with partners. I just don't think you are out of the norm in appearance. You're attractive and thin, two things that people like, both men and women!

Old 07-11-2010, 01:37 PM

29,737 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Quote:
I was disappointed that most of the street merchants along Penn Avenue were folding up between 4 and 4:30 (why so early?),
Most of the street vendors had probably been there since 6 or 7 am. Shopping in the strip is an early morning event.

And I'm sorry your weekend didn't work out as hoped. You just chalk it up to life experience and move on.

Old 07-12-2010, 04:21 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,724,822 times
This thread no longer about Pittsburgh. Please use the Relationships forum for any/all relationships advice.
Closed.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh