Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 11:55 PM

457 posts, read 1,280,173 times

Advertisements

Yeah, what is up with the smoking? Other places in the country the women are much more health conscious. You rarely meet women who smoke. Here, it is rare to find one that doesn't chain smoke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2010, 09:56 AM

353 posts, read 825,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwonderwhy2124 View Post
Fat.
Pittsburgh has one of the lowest average weights for women in the country (but not so low that it indicates obsession with image, like in many of the places lower on the list)... sorry, you lose.

Old 06-27-2010, 10:43 AM

2,336 posts, read 7,778,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacknotion View Post
What are the single women 25-35 like in Pittsburgh. If u could describe them in one word what would it be? If I was to go out to club or bar what type of women would I mostly encounter.
White.

Since you asked for one word only, that is really the only thing I could come up with. This is NOT to say that you will not find women from other ethnicities out and about. It is just that this is what you are most likely to find.

Culturally Pittsburgh is pretty diverse. On any given night downtown, you can find redneck-type women or sophisticated Ph.D.s. It depends a lot on where you go. If you want younger, 'girls-gone-wild' type of women, hit up the Southside. If you want an older, hipper crowd, try Lawrenceville. You like the alternative, bohemian crowd, try Bloomsfield. If you want yuppies...try Shadyside. The hip-hop, urban crowd tends to be on the East End (East Liberty, Friendship....also Oakland).

However when looking for a single common thread, I would have to say that the women will tend to be White. Although it sounds bad, I actually see it as good in that Pittsburgh isn't the type of place where your race dictates what you are into.

Old 06-27-2010, 11:56 AM

1,719 posts, read 4,181,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersoulty View Post
Pittsburgh has one of the lowest average weights for women in the country
I sincerely doubt that. There are women in the 'Burgh who could play offensive tackle for the Steelers.

Old 06-27-2010, 12:20 PM

419 posts, read 448,235 times
There are so many fine looking women in their mid 20s-mid 30s in the East end. I run through the park every night and pass so many beautiful women running also. They are everywhere, and if you are not out seeing them then it is your own fault of how you spend your time in life. Everytime these dating topics come up they are always skewed by other people's personal sex life issues and intertwining it on the city itself.

Old 06-27-2010, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Teen Carl View Post
I don't know much about the 25 - 35 crowd, but if I could find one word to describe the 20 - 25 crowd it would be miserable.

I've witnessed this time and time again with girls around here. Sometimes it's blatantly obvious that the person is super negative, and other times you'll find out later that the girl is Mrs. Negativity. It's just the culture here (or maybe it's the bad weather that affects women). I'm not even going to get into the drinking, smoking, swearing, and general trashiness either.

Meeting women outside of the Burgh is like opening up an entire new world. My girlfriend isn't from here and it's as if she's from a different planet compared to other Pittsburgh females.
That is a pretty condescending post. Of all the women I have met in Pittsburgh they have been completely opposite of how you negatively describe a whole group of people. Maybe you are picking up women in dingy crack dives at 2am? I am sure your girlfriend is a sweatheart.

Again, another post of somebody's awkward and bad personal experience trying to label all the women of Pittsburgh the same way. Society is the same everywhere dude. There are your good people and your bad people. It doesn't range from town to town.

Old 06-27-2010, 01:00 PM

4,599 posts, read 6,718,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_HillBilly View Post
That is a pretty condescending post. Of all the women I have met in Pittsburgh they have been completely opposite of how you negatively describe a whole group of people. Maybe you are picking up women in dingy crack dives at 2am? I am sure your girlfriend is a sweatheart.

Again, another post of somebody's awkward and bad personal experience trying to label all the women of Pittsburgh the same way. Society is the same everywhere dude. There are your good people and your bad people. It doesn't range from town to town.
When I was single (which was fairly recent), I picked up women in the South Side and Bloomfield mostly and they all have this very negative vibe about them.

When I was in college it was amazing to people watch local girls and girls from out of state. The girls out of state were mostly easy going and ready to have fun while the local girls here wanted to mope and drink their faces off. Again, your experiences could be completely different than mine, I'm just observing the world around me bro.

Old 06-27-2010, 01:20 PM

353 posts, read 825,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwonderwhy2124 View Post
I sincerely doubt that. There are women in the 'Burgh who could play offensive tackle for the Steelers.
We are somewhere around 50th, with an average weight of around 145lbs... and that is pretty much counting every place with a population of over 50,000.

Are there places where the average for women is alot lighter? Yes. In many of the places below us, it drops off significantly to an average of around 120lbs. But think about that. With all the body types that are out there, to say that the average woman in a place like Miami is only 120lbs is kinda sick. Not every woman is 5'0" with a slender bone structure. That means there are many women in those places who under 100lbs and over 5'3"... sure, you won't see alot of emaciated women in Pittsburgh, but I think that's a good thing.

Old 06-27-2010, 01:42 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,743,952 times
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Obesity.gif (broken link)

Old 06-27-2010, 01:49 PM

When I was a fat lazy drunk all I had around me were chain smoking, fat, bar women.

Now I am a runaholic, go to the gym daily, karate and yoga classes. I am surrounded by hot women in these activities.

We control our own life, and who we meet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh