Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 02:11 PM

353 posts, read 825,731 times

Advertisements

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Obesity.gif (broken link)

There you go:

On that map Allegheny County is white.

Personally, I credit the terrain... ha. Well, I guess there are high levels of obesity in other mountainous areas, but it helps to have something to walk to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2010, 04:49 PM

457 posts, read 1,280,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwonderwhy2124 View Post
I sincerely doubt that. There are women in the 'Burgh who could play offensive tackle for the Steelers.
I have to agree. Pittsburgh girls don't work out.

Old 06-27-2010, 06:05 PM

353 posts, read 825,731 times
//www.city-data.com/top2/co15.html

Look at #53.

I personally have no clue what you are talking about. Maybe it is peculiar to the Eastside and the Southside, but I rarely see women walking around here who I would categorize as obviously out of shape. Quite the opposite.

Seems more like to me that you are an average idiot who has a badly distorted view of what women ought to look like.

Old 06-27-2010, 06:12 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,738,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr1234 View Post
Then Pittsburgh must have the best fitness centers in the United States in order for all those women from other cities to come to Pittsburgh to work out at them.

Old 06-27-2010, 06:53 PM

12,526 posts, read 17,542,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersoulty View Post

I personally have no clue what you are talking about. Maybe it is peculiar to the Eastside and the Southside, but I rarely see women walking around here who I would categorize as obviously out of shape. Quite the opposite.

Seems more like to me that you are an average idiot who has a badly distorted view of what women ought to look like.
On this subject, we agree.

Old 06-29-2010, 07:56 PM

103 posts, read 301,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissShona View Post
White.

Since you asked for one word only, that is really the only thing I could come up with. This is NOT to say that you will not find women from other ethnicities out and about. It is just that this is what you are most likely to find.

Culturally Pittsburgh is pretty diverse. On any given night downtown, you can find redneck-type women or sophisticated Ph.D.s. It depends a lot on where you go. If you want younger, 'girls-gone-wild' type of women, hit up the Southside. If you want an older, hipper crowd, try Lawrenceville. You like the alternative, bohemian crowd, try Bloomsfield. If you want yuppies...try Shadyside. The hip-hop, urban crowd tends to be on the East End (East Liberty, Friendship....also Oakland).

However when looking for a single common thread, I would have to say that the women will tend to be White. Although it sounds bad, I actually see it as good in that Pittsburgh isn't the type of place where your race dictates what you are into.
Thanks for the info!!!

Old 06-29-2010, 11:28 PM

294 posts, read 659,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersoulty View Post

Look at #53.

Trolls don't care about facts... he saw a couple fat girls on the way to Mcdonalds so obviously the whole region is overweight..

Old 06-30-2010, 06:52 AM

2,043 posts, read 5,052,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissShona View Post
White.

Since you asked for one word only, that is really the only thing I could come up with.

Old 06-30-2010, 07:40 AM

145 posts, read 283,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr1234 View Post
I must disagree. Visit any LA Fitness or Bally's in the area and tell me that I'm wrong.

One word to describe 25-35yo Pittsburgh women? "Frustrated." Frustrated with a perceived lack of ideal males, frustrated with driving and parking in Pittsburgh, frustrated with "low paying" jobs, frustrated with being pawed at by yinz'ers, frustrated that it's not always Steelers season, etc.

Regarding nightlife, try Cabana Bar in Wexford (Oxford Athletic Club) or Station Square on a Saturday night. If the weather plays along, I'm sure you'll be content with the scenery.

Old 06-30-2010, 02:31 PM

1,045 posts, read 2,223,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onepoint View Post
Regarding nightlife, try Cabana Bar in Wexford (Oxford Athletic Club) or Station Square on a Saturday night. If the weather plays along, I'm sure you'll be content with the scenery.
I"LL VOUCH FOR BOTH!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh