Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 10:52 AM

5 posts, read 6,381 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

I've been reading City-Data for 4 years now and I just now registered.
Anyway, I'm excited to be here and have a break the ice question ready to go...
Has anyone seen the Levi's commercial featuring Braddock? If not, check it out on You Tube. Go to Levi's channel, there are three short documentary segments plus the commercial. I'm not an advertiser, I just love seeing the city come around and am trying to raise awareness in what ways it is.

Steelers football '10...Stairway to Seven.

Thanks,
Me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2010, 10:59 AM

3,164 posts, read 6,680,683 times
I'd bet we've all seen it and it's been discussed already.

Old 08-02-2010, 11:00 AM

22,337 posts, read 47,314,292 times
You mean this ----

//www.city-data.com/forum/pitts...-campaign.html ??

Old 08-02-2010, 11:18 AM

Yikes. I'd like to say I'm sorry I said hello, but I'm really not. Perhaps I spurred the negativity because I said I've been reading here for years, yet I missed this story. I should have elaborated that I usually gather statistical data? Although, I don't know why anyone would take my question personally, that's...strange.

Anyway, thanks for the link Pitt Chick. Good luck with betting on things you already know Priest...I bet that's exciting.

Old 08-02-2010, 11:22 AM

4,599 posts, read 6,696,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clownloach View Post
Yikes. I'd like to say I'm sorry I said hello, but I'm really not. Perhaps I spurred the negativity because I said I've been reading here for years, yet I missed this story. I should have elaborated that I usually gather statistical data? Although, I don't know why anyone would take my question personally, that's...strange.

Anyway, thanks for the link Pitt Chick. Good luck with betting on things you already know Priest...I bet that's exciting.
Don't sweat it man, there's trolls around these parts. I for one didn't see the video so it's new to me.

Old 08-02-2010, 11:32 AM

Yeah, it seems the feelings on the campaign are expectedly mixed. It kind of hurts the pride of the old timers a little and a large chunk of youth everywhere aren't interested in being involved in anything without the promise of personal gain. I also feel/agree with the people who think it's a bit ridiculous for Levi's to be pressing this small town hero shtick. We seriously need these large, residual incoming producing companies that are largely sponsored by American dollars to show a little loyalty to that which spawned them. Levi's really hits a chord with generations of American idealism too, it would be socially responsible to heal the hand that fed you for the sake of the economies ecosystem.

Old 08-02-2010, 11:44 AM

22,337 posts, read 47,314,292 times
Quote:

Anyway, thanks for the link Pitt Chick.
You're welcome... and WELCOME!.
This is a fairly busy board, and things end up a few pages back quite quickly.

Old 08-02-2010, 11:52 AM

20,273 posts, read 32,918,001 times
Welcome!

It is unfortunate your first responses weren't friendlier, but that is the Internet for you.

Old 08-02-2010, 11:54 AM

20,273 posts, read 32,918,001 times
Oh, and my personal feeling is that it can't hurt Pittsburgh in general to have folks like Levis promoting Rust Belt Chic. Whether that will end up benefiting Braddock specifically is another matter.

Old 08-02-2010, 03:10 PM

419 posts, read 446,371 times
Quote:

Internet forums attract some of society's most strange and bizarre characters. Don't let it get to you. Some people have this lame frat boy mentality where the new guy "deserves it", and that he is intruding on "their" precious internet forum. They feel that since they spent hours upon hours wasting their lives typing on a computer to fellow strangers that you are below them and need to earn your keep. Kind of like a prison atmosphere.

Just play along with it. Some people are just mean to everybody on the forum, and always causing bickering and arguments. I personally will never understand the internet tough guy thing you find on internet forums. It is more sad than anything. You should have known that though if you been reading it for a while. It really is kind of cute.

Thanks for that link though. I never seen it yet. That last thread must have fell quick too because there was like 1 page of responses to it. No problem bumping up the new subject.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh