Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 12:27 PM

29,747 posts, read 34,396,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
whatever. the important thing is that this flight attendant dude rules.
I don't think so at all. He had a temper tantrum at work. The passenger may have been a jerk, but it's a flight attendant's job to keep it together and act professionally to ensure safety for all passengers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2010, 12:31 PM

7,380 posts, read 15,676,948 times
eh, he had a temper tantrum at work, but at least he did it in the most hilarious way possible!

Old 08-11-2010, 12:32 PM

398 posts, read 702,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I don't think so at all. He had a temper tantrum at work. The passenger may have been a jerk, but it's a flight attendant's job to keep it together and act professionally to ensure safety for all passengers.
Not to mention, I can only imagine how many plans were ruined and man hours wasted due to the disruption caused by having to bench the plane to reinstall the emergency exit. What a pissy a-hole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrpriester View Post
New Yorkers are a hell of a lot more cultured than Yinzers. Any day.
How long did you live there for?

Old 08-11-2010, 12:32 PM

2,043 posts, read 5,053,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post

whatever. the important thing is that this flight attendant dude rules.
Are you on FACEBOOK? If so, did you LIKE his fan page?? LOL I sure did.

I want to see the passenger who started all of this.

Old 08-11-2010, 12:34 PM

362 posts, read 919,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondee View Post
I read the article in The Pgh Post Gazette yesterday about Steven Slater,the JetBlue steward who exited the plane and his career after an unruly passenger hit him in the head with baggage compartment door.

The story describes the steward's sentiment of proudly stating on MySpace that he has seen 22% of the world's countries,and while admitting along with some less desirable locations the writer adds to that statement ,and Pittsburgh,too.

I think it was wrong for these NY Times reporters to assume which category of the steward's destinations that Pittsburgh belonged in without personally talking to Steven Slater first.
I met a man the other day who grew up in Hawaii then moved to Pittsburgh. He said he loves it here because it's a fun city. Who would have thought!?

Never make assumptions.
............YAWN.............. I mean really.....who cares what this goofball says???

Old 08-11-2010, 12:45 PM

1,519 posts, read 2,675,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Yeah, I don't get the treating the guy like some kind of working class hero thing. He met bad behavior with bad behavior. Great role model.

Old 08-11-2010, 12:50 PM

1,158 posts, read 1,853,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heit View Post
............YAWN.............. I mean really.....who cares what this goofball says???
Heit
really, you are right -he is a goofball however I think if I were him I would have coolly sued the passenger who caused injury to his head, i/o going off like that.
I just think the N.Y.Times writers of the story insinuated that the bad part of his job,i.e. unfavorable destinations ,like Pittsburgh somehow added to his misery. The reporters were going on assumption without knowing his personal preferences for sure.
For all we know it could have been his arrival in NYC that actually added to his misery.
Just sayin'

Old 08-11-2010, 01:18 PM

567 posts, read 1,162,057 times
I don't really think the article disses Pgh much, if at all.

Quote:
"Steven Slater has visited 22 percent of the countries in the world!" the MySpace page announces.

Yes, and Pittsburgh, too.

Chances are I am flying 35,000 feet somewhere over the rainbow on my way to some semi-fabulous JetBlue Airways destination!" the MySpace page says. "Truly, some are better than others. But I am enjoying being back in the skies and seeing them all."

Read more: Turbulent landing for JetBlue attendant"

Old 08-11-2010, 01:45 PM

7,380 posts, read 15,676,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctoocheck View Post
I don't really think the article disses Pgh much, if at all.
hey, this is true! what's the deal, OP, you kinda misrepresented the story there.

last word on the flight attendant dude - i think what he did was funny. do i think he's a hero or a role model? of course not. but it was a humorous and yes, somewhat satisfying story for anyone who's worked in a customer service capacity. it's the kind of thing a lot of people fantasize about doing when they're having a bad day at work but would never actually do, and he did it in a pretty over the top way.

Old 08-11-2010, 01:56 PM

1,158 posts, read 1,853,439 times
FOR CTOOCHECK
Yes , it could easily be taken out of context and construed as sarcasm, so hopefully it wasn't meant to be negative. Thanks for pointing out that wasn't the interpretation you perceived and maybe many others didn't as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh