Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2010, 01:33 PM

7 posts, read 15,943 times

Advertisements

We are thinking of relocating to Pine Richland school district, specifically Pine Township. We really like the area a lot. We are trying to find out if this school district provides activities for the toddler/Preschool age and if so, where do I begin to look for it? I have surfed the community of Pine website for recreation. I am looking for activities for such things as toddler/preschool ballet, tumbling and soccer and swim lessons. Can anyone direct me as to where I can out if these things are available? Do the different townships in the North Hills provide activies as the such above; and if so, do you need to goto say Franklin Park, Wexford or Marshall to find these activities? Thanks in advance for any light you can shed on this subject!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2010, 12:24 PM

12,529 posts, read 17,536,827 times
You may not find anything done specifically by the school districts, mainly private. Check out any of the YMCA's in the area, Franklin Park and Cranberry.

Old 08-21-2010, 04:12 AM

115 posts, read 186,173 times
I don't know if any of this will help....

Pine-Richland School District

Welcome to The Township of Pine Online!

Richland Township | Welcome

http://www.pinerichland.org/childcare.htm (broken link)

Last edited by marktheshark; 08-21-2010 at 04:50 AM.. Reason: added link

Old 08-21-2010, 06:11 PM

353 posts, read 1,728,359 times
Here are some sites:

Rainy Day Play Center & Kid Sitter in Wexford, PA 15090 | Parents Connect Local

Gymboree Play & Music Center, Wexford, PA : Reviews and maps - Yahoo! Local

Classes - Pittsburgh Mom - Pittsburgh Mom (http://pittsburghmom.com/blogs/pittsburghmom/pages/classes.aspx - broken link)

Tammy's School of Dance, Wexford, PA 15090: Class descriptions (http://www.tsdkids.com/classdescription.html - broken link)

http://www.pryc.org/main.asp?page={0C4DADEF-5B7E-4D08-8A3E-66A009696AD9} (Pine-Richland Youth Foundation Toddler programs)

Most of the Wexford area is located in Pine Township. Franklin Park, McCandless, Cranberry and Richland Township are all within a short driving distance. There are many programs available for toddlers and pre-school children.

Old 08-26-2010, 08:34 AM

54 posts, read 116,467 times
Hi we just recently relocated to richland township. Loving it so far.
Granted We just moved I am not expert. I have a toddler and 2nd grade.
There is plenty to do within. 30 minutes.
we go to north park playground by ppl to meet ppl with greater chance.
I use Pittsburghmom.com but Please be warned it needs updating. Many venue is closes in 2008. Call ahead or look up before going.
I did gymboree at wexford. Liked it
No pool in pine-richland. The richland swim club has 80 family wait list. But no worries. I wouldn't pay membership. Just check out all the different pool first. Hampton north Allegheny. North Allegheny y membership didn't even cover weekends.
We found the water play park at Troy hill FREE.

We signed up for YMCA Baudelaire near 79. Toddler program included in membership. Indoor outdoor pool gym sports. Etc. Its 25 min
We tried. North hill art center. All ages art.
My daughter is not in public school system. But we did swimming camp. I know we cant join north Allegheny school stuff.

Old 08-26-2010, 08:37 AM

54 posts, read 116,467 times
Sorry for typos phone auto correct, YMCA baierl
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh