Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 07:26 PM

65 posts, read 136,907 times

Advertisements

Never been to an MLB game. Thinking of going to Mondays game vs Braves. What are the GOOD seats at a baseball game or at PNC Park>
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2010, 07:28 PM

1,360 posts, read 2,950,307 times
We always get the cheap seats at the top under the canopy, in case it rains- or snows!

Old 09-04-2010, 07:32 PM

1,104 posts, read 2,590,769 times
Does anyone know how much are the cheap seats? I think it was $20 but I just want to be sure.

Old 09-04-2010, 07:37 PM

well moday is supposed to be sunny and 80. i was looking on stub hub and the tickets were really cheap all around the park. im not concerned about price as much as i am for the view of the game/field/action and experience. any suggestions? on tv the seats along the 1st and 3rd baselines seem really cool???

Old 09-04-2010, 08:17 PM

1,173 posts, read 2,186,510 times
You really can't go wrong anywhere in the stadium. The only bad seats I ever had were in left field general admission and that was because the setting sun was in my eyes for a full half of the game (something to keep in mind). Seats along the 1st base line are great for the scoreboard view but I prefer the seats along 3rd base for the great view of downtown. Upper deck seats are fine too, there is not a bad seat in the house. Also, the right field bleacher seats are ideal if you want to be close to the action without spending more money for lower level infield seats.

Old 09-04-2010, 08:21 PM

9,912 posts, read 24,650,216 times
There are effectively no really terrible seats in the fairly small park, but yeah, 1st and 3rd baseline boxes are a pretty nice view from either side (better if you can get closer to infield), and the field boxes behind them are fine too. Last time I went I sat fairly close to 1st base in I think Sec 108 which is the field box closest to the infield (the next section over starts infield boxes, which weren't available with the special tix I had).

Did you check on Pirates.com directly? Unless there's something particularly special going on that day, you shouldn't have to buy from StubHub for the Pirates game! (Unless they actually sell for below face on StubHub?) Although if you absolutely want baseline boxes, those are fairly popular and would go quick. Some people just get the cheapest tix, but it's not that big of a splurge to get better ones. The cheapest seats (the far ends of the back of the upper deck, plus the gen. admission bleachers below the scoreboard) are still $9, and face on baseline box is $26. Face on field box is $24.

If I was buying for Monday based on what's available direct, I'd either take what it gave me in Sec 108 for field box, or go for the infield box seats ($27) that were available (no dugout box available). The baseline box it gave me is way out in left field. I liked being closer to the infield last time, even though it was a little farther back.

Have fun!

Old 09-04-2010, 08:41 PM

OK SOOOOO

All on 3rd baseline:

Dugout Box 24 Row C

Baseline Box 25 Rows G or H/26 Rows G or H/27 Rows C or J

They are all pretty close to the infield from what I saw on the seating chart. I was thinking right where the dugout end? So Baseline Box 25?

Seems the 3rd baseline is cool for the action and the city view.

Old 09-04-2010, 08:57 PM

Ok Ok enough of the debate ahahaa.

I just went ahead and purchased them. Dugout Box 24 Row C Seat 1 and 2.

Is it cool to bring a glove to a game??? Do those seats allow for any reason to bring one? I hear its corny for adults to bring gloves but my son (5 yrs old) is coming as well.

Old 09-04-2010, 08:59 PM

9,912 posts, read 24,650,216 times
Each of those sections is one more out from the base. So 24 is about right at 3rd base, looking right at it, then 25 is a little bit more into left field and so on from there. Fantastic spot IMO, but I wouldn't pay a crapload extra for it! If it's close to face, then fine.

If you go here you can see a view from that general vicinity. The photos favor looking toward the infield area, but you can see some of the skyline in this case (and the actual skyline view is somewhat more expansive):

PNC Park Seating and Pricing - 2010 | pirates.com: Tickets

Ah, you're done. Hey, it'll be great! Yeah, have your son bring a glove, why not? It's decent foul territory even. Adults, though, pretty corny yeah. Expect sun over there for the afternoon game, I think.

Old 09-04-2010, 09:08 PM

The stubhub price was 10.00 ea under the price on the pirates website. oh well its a first time experience ya know call this one a trial run ahaha.

I been to tons of NFL,NBA,NHL,UFC and ONE BOXING MATCH and never had to go back and forth with myself to get some seats!

(ill never go again to another boxing match. it was the one in DC where Tyson quit to McBride. Got to see Ali and daughter so it made up for it KINDA)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh