Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 12:35 PM

540 posts, read 868,384 times

Advertisements

Let's not forget that Charlie Batch once was a 1st stringer in Detroit, with a team that included the best RB in the NFL (Barry Sanders), and he was able to win a grand total of 1 playoff game. I won't argue that Ben, Santonio, and Plaxico appear to be self-important a-holes, but they've all either thrown or caught a last-minute, super-bowl-winning TD. Charlie has never done that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2010, 12:59 PM

12,526 posts, read 17,546,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trotter_rej View Post
Let's not forget that Charlie Batch once was a 1st stringer in Detroit, with a team that included the best RB in the NFL (Barry Sanders), and he was able to win a grand total of 1 playoff game. I won't argue that Ben, Santonio, and Plaxico appear to be self-important a-holes, but they've all either thrown or caught a last-minute, super-bowl-winning TD. Charlie has never done that.
...and he only won a ring as a second stringer.

Old 09-27-2010, 01:44 PM

Location: Close to Pittsburgh, but NOT Pittsburgh ('cause I don't pay CoP taxes)
252 posts, read 236,258 times
I'm not suggesting that the people who feel some sort of smug moral superiority as a result of good-ol-hometown-boy-makes-good Charlie doing well as a direct sign of divine providence and comeuppance over Lucifer's quarterback are wrong to feel that way... What I would suggest is that if that feeling of smug moral superiority is tied to the NFL team you root for, maybe you should just cash in your chips and get out while the gettin's good.

When you consider that a man was arrested for DUI and went on to catch a touchdown pass six nights later, you should prepare for no small amount of wailing and gnashing of teeth... There aren't too many angels out on the gridiron (with the obvious exceptions of Max Starks and Troy Polamalu... those guys are so sweet, the players they hit all end up with cavities).

Old 09-27-2010, 01:47 PM

780 posts, read 1,384,950 times
Ben will be back against Cleveland, as it should be. Batch had a role to fulfill and he did it. Probably should have been in there from the beginning instead of sandwich or Dixon but, hindsight is 20/20 and the Steelers are 3-0 so its water under the bridge. After the Cleveland game, it won't be easy for Ben. They have 3 straight road games against 3 tough teams (one the defending champs in their house). All is well though.

Old 09-27-2010, 03:40 PM

2,324 posts, read 2,906,895 times
The time will come when Santonio's big plays will be missed. He was the MVP of the entire playoffs during the last Super Bowl run.

Old 09-30-2010, 09:47 PM

781 posts, read 1,619,519 times
Santonio is watching the Jets he has one week until he plays. The Jets should get better when he is activated.

Since I am really a cheesehead, I have little patience for any Diva QB behaviors. Favre wore us down!

As a human being I have no tolerance for rapists, or serial drunk gropers (insert accusation here.) regardless of their profession. Ben Rothless-can'tspellhisname-burger grosses me out, but the Steelers are a good team so I will root for "the team" not the QB. He has not earned Pittsburgh's trust.

Old 09-30-2010, 10:03 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,025,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideblinded View Post
Santonio is watching the Jets he has one week until he plays. The Jets should get better when he is activated.

Since I am really a cheesehead, I have little patience for any Diva QB behaviors. Favre wore us down!

As a human being I have no tolerance for rapists, or serial drunk gropers (insert accusation here.) regardless of their profession. Ben Rothless-can'tspellhisname-burger grosses me out, but the Steelers are a good team so I will root for "the team" not the QB. He has not earned Pittsburgh's trust.
WTF you mean ben grosses you out ? Ben has learned his lesson & will start at home vs clev. Batch had a good first half with 177 yds passing, 3 tds & 1 int. In the 2nd half he had 11 yds passing & 1 int.

Ben is the 1st string franchise quarterback for the pittsburgh steelers....PERIOD

Last edited by steel7; 09-30-2010 at 10:12 PM..

Old 09-30-2010, 10:15 PM

781 posts, read 1,619,519 times
Ben grosses me out due to his raping/abusive issues not due to his football stats. I did not mention Charlie Batch in my post.

I support the Steelers, they are my AFC team. I liked them years before I moved here. Remember Yancy Thigpins dropped pass at Lambeau field?

In all seriousness, Ben's issues transcend football. That is why he grosses me out. Sorry I did not make that clear enough captain obvious.

Eta. I know "Big Ben" is a very good/excellent quarterback.

Old 10-01-2010, 11:22 AM

9,894 posts, read 22,025,302 times
Look at many of the pro basketball players that think they are above the law + their fans worship the ground they walk on.

To me they are just over paid genetic freaks.

Ben DIDNT rape or abuse anyone. He was cleared of all acusations. The 2 women were just nut jobs & i would gladly tell them that face to face.

Old 10-01-2010, 03:16 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,747,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideblinded View Post
Ben grosses me out due to his raping/abusive issues not due to his football stats. I did not mention Charlie Batch in my post.
He went through the legal process and was cleared. He's never been indicted of a crime, let alone convicted of one. It is what it is. Is he guilty of ****-poor judgment? Everybody including Steeler fans says yes. Is he guilty of a crime? The evidence -- more specifically, the lack thereof -- says no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh