Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 06:12 PM

1,045 posts, read 2,222,470 times

Advertisements

Here is one of those topics most readers will hate, but forums are made for both positive and negatives aspects and everyone is entitled to express their own beliefs and opinions on them.

For those of you who have a secret shrine made in your house for Pittsburgh, are die hard fans of the sports teams, think Pittsburgh is the GRANDIOSE of places to be, this topic is not for you.

Now we all know there are people out there who have their gripes, bad attitudes, machete swinging thoughts, and have a true severe hatred towards the area, whether as a transplant from another area who moved here for whatever reason or maybe even born here and never having the chance to leave.

Now of course, we can't really get into racism, lifestyles, etc because that is not allowed on here, but I am sure there are plenty of complaints otherwise. I know Reston has posted about the trash numerous times, others complain about potholes, loving the sports teams too much, PAT problems, bad politicians, etc.

What are your beefs against the city? We would like to know! Don't be shy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2011, 06:15 PM

12,529 posts, read 17,536,827 times
People that think they're clever by calling it Shi-ttsburgh. How original, stay up all night thinking of that one?

Old 01-13-2011, 06:16 PM

398 posts, read 701,891 times
Trash, trash, oh my god the trash.

The reckless drivers, with PAT leading the charge.

Old 01-13-2011, 06:22 PM

2,324 posts, read 2,905,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzman66 View Post
Here is one of those topics most readers will hate, but forums are made for both positive and negatives aspects and everyone is entitled to express their own beliefs and opinions on them.

For those of you who have a secret shrine made in your house for Pittsburgh, are die hard fans of the sports teams, think Pittsburgh is the GRANDIOSE of places to be, this topic is not for you.

Now we all know there are people out there who have their gripes, bad attitudes, machete swinging thoughts, and have a true severe hatred towards the area, whether as a transplant from another area who moved here for whatever reason or maybe even born here and never having the chance to leave.

Now of course, we can't really get into racism, lifestyles, etc because that is not allowed on here, but I am sure there are plenty of complaints otherwise. I know Reston has posted about the trash numerous times, others complain about potholes, loving the sports teams too much, PAT problems, bad politicians, etc.

What are your beefs against the city? We would like to know! Don't be shy!
Don't worry - no one will be shy, considering there's another hate thread with 365 replies out there.... LOL

Old 01-13-2011, 06:29 PM

1,035 posts, read 1,554,052 times
I think it's smart to be realistic. The realistic side is simple, Pittsburgh is not perfect and does have negative qualities just as it has a large amount of positive qualities.

Personally, I can't stand our highway infrastructure. It has to be one of the poorest in the country. There's no reason a city our size has the traffic it does. Tonight it took me 40 minutes to go from Downtown to the Squirrel Hill Tunnel. If I wanted LA like traffic, I would live in LA.

I also don't like the way we seem to "talk" about a lot of projects and then they never happen. I'm sure this happens everywhere because politics and obviously money and yada yada all become a factor, but looking back through history there were a lot of projects that seem to have been talked about and canceled.

Old 01-13-2011, 06:38 PM

809 posts, read 2,409,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngabe View Post
Personally, I can't stand our highway infrastructure. It has to be one of the poorest in the country. There's no reason a city our size has the traffic it does. Tonight it took me 40 minutes to go from Downtown to the Squirrel Hill Tunnel. If I wanted LA like traffic, I would live in LA.
I think traffic can be annoying in Pittsburgh, but you have no concept of bad traffic can really be in DC, LA, etc. 40 minutes from downtown to home is a breeze in these places.

But the roads in Pittsburgh are full of potholes, PAT can't right itself, and the mayor is corrupt. So there are my complaints.

Old 01-13-2011, 06:52 PM

Quote:
I also don't like the way we seem to "talk" about a lot of projects and then they never happen. I'm sure this happens everywhere because politics and obviously money and yada yada all become a factor, but looking back through history there were a lot of projects that seem to have been talked about and canceled.

Like this project.
Team 4: Expensive County Crime Lab Still Parked In Lot - Pittsburgh News Story - WTAE Pittsburgh (http://www.wtae.com/news/26486479/detail.html - broken link)

Old 01-13-2011, 06:52 PM

1,035 posts, read 1,554,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gameguy56 View Post
I think traffic can be annoying in Pittsburgh, but you have no concept of bad traffic can really be in DC, LA, etc. 40 minutes from downtown to home is a breeze in these places.

But the roads in Pittsburgh are full of potholes, PAT can't right itself, and the mayor is corrupt. So there are my complaints.
I've been to both DC and LA--I do in fact know how bad their traffic is. My point and frustration for that matter is that we are MUCH smaller than the mentioned areas. 40 minutes in Pittsburgh is indeed ridiculous.

Old 01-13-2011, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameguy56 View Post
Totally agree. I would love to see one year go by without me getting a bent tire rim. As far as PAT, I can't say too much because I don't use the buses, but I can guarantee you I see plenty of them broke down along the roads and in traveling lanes anytime I am in the city. No reason for that happening on a daily basis.

I think we all agree on the mayor. LOL!

Old 01-13-2011, 06:58 PM

Quote:
I've been to both DC and LA--I do in fact know how bad their traffic is. My point and frustration for that matter is that we are MUCH smaller than the mentioned areas. 40 minutes in Pittsburgh is indeed ridiculous.
Ever try getting from the Liberty Tubes to the Century 3 area during evening rush hour. Now that is a nightmare, at least until you get past the RT88 intersection on 51. BTW, they are supposed to be redesigning that area to alleviate gridlock next year. Yeah, we shall see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh