Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 05:46 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times

Advertisements

More money in the Burgh!! Awesome. Jets are looking very good. Will be a tough game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2011, 05:47 PM

5,802 posts, read 9,895,961 times
LIKE ALWAY! ROAD TO THE SUPERBOWL COMES THROUGH THE BURGH...Not New England....LOVE IT

Reminds me I got to wash and iron my number 86 jersey to wear on Tuesday at my office on Broadway...

Last edited by Blackbeauty212; 01-16-2011 at 05:57 PM..

Old 01-16-2011, 05:49 PM

22,591 posts, read 47,670,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinare View Post
J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets!!!

AFC Championship in Pittsburgh!
Woohoo!

Old 01-16-2011, 05:58 PM

32 posts, read 56,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBurgh View Post
Great win tonight. I've watched every game on TV the past 5 years, and I've never seen the camera shaking due to what must have been a crowd going absolutely bonkers.

If you were at the game, please chime in and describe the crowd.
It was incredible. One of the most amazing games I've ever been to. We were in literally the last row of the stadium, and it was worth every bit of the hike. And the crowd was one of the best I've ever seen. On every defensive play - especially in the second half - the crowd was 100% involved, screaming, chanting, and shaking and pounding on the metal grate at the top of the stadium. The biggest challenge was calming folks down for offensive plays.

The usual third-quarter "Renegade" led to a great Flacco sack. And before Baltimore made their attempt on those last four downs, the stadium gave us a bonus round of "Renegade," which sent us even further over the edge.

I've been at several tense, down-to-the-wire, and crowd-involved games at Heinz Field. But I'm not sure I've ever been there when we were that loud. And, at least in our section, it was a good group of fans. Not too many "drunky the clowns" or extreme inappropriateness. Just good, old fashioned, screaming your guts out for your team.

And the article is right about the distances fans will travel for the Black & Gold. We met a couple who made a 10-hour drive from Atlanta for the game. And given the Jets win tonight (woohoo!), I think they're staying the entire week for the AFC Championship. Steeler Nation is a dedicated bunch!

Here we go, Steelers! Here we go!

Old 01-17-2011, 04:44 PM

2,324 posts, read 2,906,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBurgh View Post
Great win tonight. I've watched every game on TV the past 5 years, and I've never seen the camera shaking due to what must have been a crowd going absolutely bonkers.

If you were at the game, please chime in and describe the crowd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornSteeler View Post
It was incredible. One of the most amazing games I've ever been to. We were in literally the last row of the stadium, and it was worth every bit of the hike. And the crowd was one of the best I've ever seen. On every defensive play - especially in the second half - the crowd was 100% involved, screaming, chanting, and shaking and pounding on the metal grate at the top of the stadium. The biggest challenge was calming folks down for offensive plays.

The usual third-quarter "Renegade" led to a great Flacco sack. And before Baltimore made their attempt on those last four downs, the stadium gave us a bonus round of "Renegade," which sent us even further over the edge.

I've been at several tense, down-to-the-wire, and crowd-involved games at Heinz Field. But I'm not sure I've ever been there when we were that loud. And, at least in our section, it was a good group of fans. Not too many "drunky the clowns" or extreme inappropriateness. Just good, old fashioned, screaming your guts out for your team.

And the article is right about the distances fans will travel for the Black & Gold. We met a couple who made a 10-hour drive from Atlanta for the game. And given the Jets win tonight (woohoo!), I think they're staying the entire week for the AFC Championship. Steeler Nation is a dedicated bunch!

Here we go, Steelers! Here we go!
Wow, must have been awesome. Thanks for the feedback.

Old 01-18-2011, 09:37 AM

17 posts, read 61,317 times
As a bummed out Pats fan,(not surprised they lost) but at least I didn't trash talk the Jets or the organization,as most of the cocky.arrogant fans up here did,I am moving to Pittsburgh in Aug.this year,and hafta ta say I,don't think the Jets will win. I really don't like the Steelers,but really hope they beat the snorts outta Jets,with that said,Good Luck to all you Steelers fans,just be extra loud,and enjoy the game,I'll be rooting for em as my husband and 4 sons are die hard Steelers fans, guess I attend a few games this Fall...

Last edited by RedSoxFan4eva; 01-18-2011 at 09:42 AM.. Reason: a few mistakes

Old 01-18-2011, 11:09 AM

78 posts, read 217,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
Peppi's cheesesteaks makes a tidy sum. Just talked to the owner. Great for the city. Now lets hope the Jets win so we get another week of money!
2 weeks actually.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh