Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 06:33 AM

1,781 posts, read 2,076,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I found the "who cares if he did anything or not, as long as he keeps winning games" mentality rather frightening, myself.

Well for myself, I will wait until he is actually charged with a crime before I reserve any judgment on him. I think this is the thought process of many other people as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2011, 07:13 AM

1,349 posts, read 3,561,745 times
He was not even arrested or charged with a crime. Judge him guilty in your mind in you want but at least acknowledge that possibly someone else can look at the same set of facts and come to a different conclusion.

Old 01-20-2011, 07:49 AM

1,158 posts, read 1,846,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bong477 View Post
He was not even arrested or charged with a crime. Judge him guilty in your mind in you want but at least acknowledge that possibly someone else can look at the same set of facts and come to a different conclusion.
Especially when the girl involved was stone drunk and wearing a name tag that says " DTF". How can it be rape when you wear a name tag that's calling out for it?

It's funny they ( media) never brought up the car accident downtown a year ago that Big Ben came upon. Ben jumped out of his car, ran over and checked the driver to see if he was ok, then called 911 for the driver.

I could buy the whole jock/cocky athlete persona who thinks he is allowed to stomp on everyone else, commit rape,etc and get away with it-but what he did at the scene of that accident as a good Samaritan doesn't quite jibe with being a ruthless person.

I dunno -the jury is out.

Old 01-20-2011, 08:31 AM

4,599 posts, read 6,693,269 times
I like how Pittsburghers blame the victim and completely negate the two other previous times he's been in situations like this.

I wonder if white Jewish guys wore OJ Simpson jerseys in 1994?

Old 01-20-2011, 09:36 AM

90,316 posts, read 120,300,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Teen Carl View Post
I like how Pittsburghers blame the victim and completely negate the two other previous times he's been in situations like this.
I was just thinking the exact same thing.

Old 01-20-2011, 11:52 AM

12,529 posts, read 17,465,390 times
I think he's a jerk and is able to get away with a lot. He lives in my 'hood and I've heard a few stories from his neighbors. As stated, he's never been charged or convicted, but I don't think I'd want my daughter to date him.

Old 01-20-2011, 02:05 PM

9,912 posts, read 24,561,641 times
I was just thinking it was the usual paint all Pittsburghers with the same brush, but whatever....

Old 01-20-2011, 03:40 PM

Quote:

I wonder if white Jewish guys wore OJ Simpson jerseys in 1994?
When you really look at these women and their behavior do you really believe that they are "victims"?

If these were what I consider responsible women who know how to behave in social situations and know how to properly conduct themselves around men then yes I would have no reason to disbelieve the victim .

But gee, the one girl has a name tag that says " f!#@ me" and the other Nevada girl was talking to people the very next day after being attacked bragging about her "date" with Ben. What the...?!!

I'm sorry, but neither one of these women behave in the way that one who suffers from being a victim of rape would be reacting from such a traumatic experience. I've personally never met a rape victim who bragged about her attacker. Hmm... maybe it's a way of psychologically "displacing" one's feelings to remove herself from the trauma. I don't know, whatever it is- I don't get it.

Rich people are always going to be vulnerable to the possibility of extortion by others who want free $ and that's what makes me suspicious re the allegations.

I do think he was real stupid for even placing himself in such a precarious situation and he is at fault for being so reckless in that regard.

Old 01-20-2011, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I was just thinking the exact same thing.
Think about it again, and I mean critically think, and you'll realize that it doesn't add up. Like the idiom goes " Something's rotten in Denmark.."

Old 01-20-2011, 03:51 PM

14,173 posts, read 22,616,873 times
Quote:
It's quite presumptuous to call her a "victim," you know, considering the case died before it ever saw the inside of a courthouse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh