Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 06:46 AM

812 posts, read 1,906,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thGenerationPGH View Post
There was a recent 1 hour documentary on CNBC about Heinz.

I suggest watching it, very good stuff.
Thanks! Will see if we can find it online!

Hubby found out an old coworker used to be there and is still friendly with the CIO so hopefully that will help get his foot in the door or at least interview.

We are willing to give up some $$ to get back in the area. I was born and mostly raised in the south but my 5 yrs in Pittsburgh were great! 5 yrs later and we are both missing it. DH is from the Northern Va area.

I am sure every company has someone who was burned or thought they were underpaid. I worked at FedEx and most of my coworkers prob thought it was the best place to work--I wasn't drinking the Kool Aid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2011, 07:39 AM

9,912 posts, read 24,645,588 times
Yeah, Heinz is a large, global, public company that answers to shareholders. In any such company there are bound to be some enthusiastic boosters as well as some who really get screwed and many in between.

Old 01-26-2011, 10:05 AM

1 posts, read 605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alise007 View Post

Hubby found out an old coworker used to be there and is still friendly with the CIO.
He'd better get in quick!

"Heinz also announced today (01/25/11) that ----------, who had served as Chief Information Officer, has decided to leave the Company to pursue another career opportunity."

Old 01-26-2011, 03:48 PM

2,001 posts, read 2,511,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RestonRunner86 View Post
Yes. Their headquarters is located pretty high up in One PPG Place. I've delivered there. Very nice.
Yes, the HQ is located in PPG One floors 31-33. They have the most amazing marble floors in the building, I guess.

I don't work with them but I think they're doing well financially: I've seen a delivery guy from Chris Ruth loaded with steak packages getting off their floor in December, so I guess they treat their employees very well

Old 01-27-2011, 07:41 AM

4,361 posts, read 6,528,616 times
I have no faith in the company what so ever. No job is secure with them as they merge or buy other companies on a fairly regular basis. My Sister had an IT job with them, a pretty good one at that. She traveled around the country installing software and training. One little aquisition and she was given the Box and told to pack up. Petty severence package and all.

So long and thanks for all the fish.

Stay away from this company.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh