Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 07:18 AM

812 posts, read 1,907,866 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have experience or work there? Hubby is applying for a job with them this weekend. We used to live in Pittsburgh so that part isn't an issue just curious about corp culture and environment. I am assuming all of the jobs are located on the North Shore area?

The job is IT related if that makes any difference in opinions.

Is pay decent? Bonus? Benefits?

Thanks for any input. We would LOVE to move back to the Burgh!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2011, 08:36 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,040,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alise007 View Post
I am assuming all of the jobs are located on the North Shore area?
HJ Heinze has offices located downtown too.

Old 01-22-2011, 02:07 PM

9,912 posts, read 24,655,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alise007 View Post
I am assuming all of the jobs are located on the North Shore area?
I can't tell you anything about working there and such but I can say that the job is actually not likely to be in the North Shore area. Heinz head office stuff is all downtown. They used to have some offices in the US Steel Tower, and then they took on some more space over at Smithfield and 6th Ave (for you real old-timers it used to be the Gimbels department store), so much space that it's actually called the Heinz 57 Center. I'm not sure if they kept the executive offices at US Steel or not. A lot of the North Shore stuff like the plant I believe was actually sold to other companies, though Heinz may still have some operations over there. And they have a research center out in Warrendale in an office park. It's called the Heinz Innovation Center.

So my guess is that it'll either be downtown or perhaps a small chance it could be at the Innovation Center. Not sure if the job postings are specific about that kind of difference in location or whether they just consider it all "Pittsburgh area".

Good luck.

Old 01-22-2011, 03:30 PM

There are offices at One PPG Place. I believe the headquarters are located there now.

Old 01-22-2011, 03:53 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,608,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
There are offices at One PPG Place. I believe the headquarters are located there now.
Yes. Their headquarters is located pretty high up in One PPG Place. I've delivered there. Very nice.

Old 01-23-2011, 10:23 AM

812 posts, read 1,907,866 times
I was picturing a building near all the spaghetti of bridges on the north side that I guess I always thought was a Heinz corp office. It has been 5 yrs so they may have abandoned that site or it was used for something else. BUT downtown location would be just as good--if we could locate near a T and DH could just commute that way. We were lucky before and lived/worked on the airport side so rarely had to deal with commuting traffic! When I worked at AGH it was night shift so I was always going opposite traffic!

We have kids now so have to seriously consider schools in our location. We were in Montour and it is 34th on the list from 2009. Of course I am sure almost anything in the Pittsburgh burbs is better than what my kids will get here in small town NC. Robinson Twp was great location wise but I don't even think I would consider it now.

Old 01-23-2011, 02:06 PM

315 posts, read 665,224 times
they pay really cheap. very shady company.

Old 01-23-2011, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajl777 View Post
they pay really cheap. very shady company.
This post must be a joke. I know many people who earned very nice livings working for Heinz and retired with very nice pensions too. That's hardly shady.

Old 01-23-2011, 06:50 PM

4,599 posts, read 6,718,517 times
One of my suite mates in college was some sort of district sales manager for Heinz and always preached about how awesome it was. Then they turned around and screwed him royally and he never spoke a word about the place again. It happens I guess.

Old 01-23-2011, 08:00 PM

55 posts, read 66,421 times
There was a recent 1 hour documentary on CNBC about Heinz.

I suggest watching it, very good stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh