Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 08:24 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,873,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
I thought Dallas was going to be blue and Fort Worth red...I know that doesn't make sense...
Quote:
Originally Posted by fwjeff View Post
I think that is because NFC colors are blue and AFC colors are red...

Photos snapped in Dowtown Fort Worth prior to the Steelers win Sunday so no Steelers logo yet... This is the Steeler's hotel (Omni FW) that is being "wrapped" with the Steelers players. Updated photos here soon from Brian Luenser...
You are both right.......... they are lighting them in the AFC and NFC colors.
I kept thinking when I first heard they were doing the lights for each team that the "gold" sure looked kind of red. LOL!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2011, 10:33 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,873,839 times
For those of you coming down for the events............. here are some in Dallas that are sponsored by Bud Light:

Bud Light Hotel - 4 nights of Super Bowl parties in Dallas

Old 01-27-2011, 11:17 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,159,147 times
In the game for Super Bowl visitors, Dallas neighborhoods compete with each other | Super Bowl XLV News - Sports News for Dallas, Texas - SportsDayDFW

" Much media attention has been given to the competition among Dallas, Fort Worth and Arlington for what is expected to be hundreds of thousands of visitors drawn by one of the sports world’s biggest events, but there is also competition within the Dallas city limits.

The Dallas Convention and Visitors Bureau counts 13 entertainment districts within a few miles of downtown that it considers major destinations for out-of-town visitors. It also acknowledges that the list is incomplete. Neither Oak Lawn nor Mockingbird Station is listed, for example, although both places see upticks in business during conventions and major events"

" The restaurants and bars most expected to benefit from the second group most likely will be near events such as the NFL Experience or one of several bowl-related concerts.

That would seem to benefit downtown, Fair Park, Deep Ellum, the West End and Victory Park.

Tony Street, chairman of the West End Association, certainly thinks so. The area has a more regional, family-oriented image than, say, West Village or Knox-Henderson, and that part of town should benefit by the sheer press of numbers"

“If you have a convention in town with 5,000 to 10,000 people, you need to start getting reservations to get in one of the restaurants here,” he said. “With this many people, we think we’ll be crazy busy.”

"Even hipper venues such as South Side, Deep Ellum and the Bishop Arts District, whose visitors don’t typically arrive in town on Gulfstreams, are expecting to do well...

It’s true that you don’t think of most Super Bowl visitors as arty and eclectic, but if you’re expecting 300,000 people and 3 percent of those are arty and eclectic, that’s 9,000 people and that’s pretty good,” said Barry Annino, president of the Deep Ellum Foundation"

Last edited by Lakewooder; 01-27-2011 at 12:43 PM..

Old 01-28-2011, 01:09 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,159,147 times
Best Super Bowl Restaurants in Dallas 2011 - Where to Eat at Super Bowl - Esquire

Old 01-28-2011, 05:27 PM

1,158 posts, read 1,853,001 times
Beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing them Brian. No wonder everyone is so excited to go down there to DFW!
Even though I can't go to the Superbowl I will plan for a future vacation in Texas !

Old 01-31-2011, 08:08 PM

1,806 posts, read 4,312,074 times
Dallas Urban Parties with celebs and athletes: :: SuperBowl 2011/52nd Grammys/ All Star 2011 Events & Parties :: inDmix.com ::

Old 01-31-2011, 08:11 PM

1,806 posts, read 4,312,074 times
If anybody needs a shuttle from the airport around DFW during superbowl: Call 832-258-3559.

Old 02-01-2011, 04:10 PM

5 posts, read 5,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugerjitsu View Post
thanks for the pics Brian!!

Downtown Ft. Worth was my old stomping grounds, while i worked as a Landman for the past few years down there...I LOVED working there, spent many many hours at the Courthouse ruffling through their Records!! the Courthouse is another beautiful landmark in downtown...i loved lunches there, each day it was a different flavor!!! i miss you Ft. Worth!!

that being said, my wife and i are falling in love with Pittsburgh...so many things to do, VERY kid friendly, and it's full of hard working American's who have a passion for their city...come visit Pittsburgh if you get a chance!!
I agree with FWJeff. I was living in the past with how nice Pittsburgh has become. I had to do my homework also. Confirmed. Pittsburgh is one of the all-time great turn-arounds... Would love to visit! (In the summer)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh