Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 09:29 PM

6,601 posts, read 8,973,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckeesport_alum View Post
Tamari - Sushi
The Pretzel Shop - ...
Point Brugge Cafe - Brunch
Salt of The Earth - Fusion

and my wild card pick:

Luciano's (White Oak) - Pizza
They recently opened a second restaurant, Park Bruges, in Highland Park.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2011, 06:36 AM

1,657 posts, read 2,689,000 times
I'm adding Hanlon's Cafe, downtown's best diner, to this list. I've been going there for a couple months, but just recently realized that they don't have a sign, which could make it hard to find. Ninth block of Liberty Avenue -- grilled cheese and tomato soup type of place.

Hanlon's Cafe

Old 05-23-2011, 07:16 AM

4,599 posts, read 6,715,521 times
Just some random thoughts:

- Check out Las Palmas Mexican grocery story on Brookline Blvd. on the weekends. They have a taco stand and they make the best tacos you'll ever have.
- Best coffee places in the city are 21st Street Coffee in the Strip, Big Dog in the South Side, and Cannon Coffee in Brookline
- Pitaland in Brookline is a great Mediterranean grocer.
- Sphinx Cafe in Oakland has good hookah.
- Istanbul Grille downtown has great Turkish food.
- S&D Polish Deli in the Strip rules.
- Udipi Cafe in Monroeville is the best Indian in the city (vegetarian only, southern India style)
- 3 Sons Dogs and Suds are my favorite six pack shop even though prices are expensive.
- Mr. Smalls is the coolest place to see a concert. Nothing comes quite close to seeing GWAR play in a church.

Old 05-23-2011, 10:09 AM

38 posts, read 59,570 times
I'll second S&D Deli in Strip on Penn - across from Vet hospital. They have lunch items and they are good. They supposed to add open bar kind of thing (pay by the pound).
Not to mention you can get all kind's real Polish stuff there, and the owners (Slawek & Danuta + family) really do care about their business and you giving them business.
D's Six Packs N Dogs in Regent Square (also Monroeville) - The beer cave is awsome and what better then some Juicy Polish Kielbasy to go with that beer.

Old 05-23-2011, 10:25 AM

4,275 posts, read 7,627,156 times
A few places in the Frick Park/Regent Square area I recomend:

Rose's Ice Cream
Square Cafe
The Map Room
Point Brugge Cafe
Frick Park Market (good little deli w/good ham salad)

Elsewhere
Double Wide and Mike and Tony's Gyros (South Side), Harris Grill and Walnut Grove (Shadyside), Brgr and Conflict Kitchen (for something truly different) (East Liberty)

Old 05-23-2011, 10:26 AM

4,275 posts, read 7,627,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarisnowday View Post
They recently opened a second restaurant, Park Bruges, in Highland Park.
Thanks. I like Point Brugge, I'll have to try thier new one.

Old 05-23-2011, 11:22 AM

1,758 posts, read 4,228,019 times
Curbside Coffee in Blawnox has the best coffee and the coolest owner, Kylie. If you are in the Fox Chapel area, give her a try. She also has pastries, sandwiches, and Free Wifi.
Beer Nutz in O'Hara is nice in that one can walk up to the cooler and grab a bottle to examine the lable, like D's beer cave. This is important when drinking belgians and other specilaty beers. They also have beer grub, a jukebox and games. They have various colored stickers on the bottle for price scale, which is nice.
\
http://curbsidecoffeehouse.com/

Old 05-23-2011, 01:14 PM

165 posts, read 262,400 times
It seems like a lot of people are recommending restaurants and whatnot, but I'm going to recommend a bowling alley!

Paradise Island Bowl and Paradise Beach | Official Website | Please select your destination

Paradise Island is on Neville Island and it is a fun place. Great bowling, good bar and when you're done with your game you can walk down to Paradise Beach were they have a DJ or a live band usually and pretty decent specials. There's just something about sitting outside, right by the river, on a nice summer night that I really enjoy. I've been there numerous times and I really love it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh