Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 10:17 AM

80 posts, read 265,369 times

Advertisements

I really wish I knew this forum existed before I purchased my home in Mt Lebanon. I'll be moving in to my new home the first week of August from NE OH. Any suggestions on where I can find the best burgers, chili dogs, and wings in town? Like any other divorced male I like to eat but don't cook

Last edited by john7104; 07-22-2007 at 11:11 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2007, 11:18 AM

471 posts, read 1,661,270 times
My opinion,
wiggy's wings-noble manor shopping center-nothing compares!
after having the best chili dogs in the world from the Butler hot dog shop I don't even bother trying, but my friends like Hank's dog house on west liberty-just down the road from sunset hills.
haven't found a best burger yet but I recommend atria's-banksville rd and Tessaro's-bloomfield.
city grill on carson used to have great burgers, but I haven't been there in several years so don't know if it still does.

Old 07-22-2007, 05:32 PM

153 posts, read 685,718 times
Fat Heads - East Carson Street - South Side

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m151/Smoker_03/fatheads.jpg (broken link)

Old 07-22-2007, 06:28 PM

83 posts, read 248,636 times
Try the Mackey Burger!

Old 07-22-2007, 07:30 PM

134 posts, read 563,088 times
For wings go to Wings Suds and Spuds on University Blvd in Moon Township.

Old 07-23-2007, 10:28 AM

20 posts, read 77,691 times
I know you didn't mention it, but I know a great pizza place not too far away. It's called Fiori's. It's my favorite by far...and I have had a lot of pizza from places all over Pittsburgh and the US. It's just a couple of miles down the road on West Liberty Ave.

Fat Heads is good for food, too.

Old 07-23-2007, 10:38 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
I would think that the OP would want suggestions that are close to Mt. Lebanon since he's looking for places to eat regularly since he doesn't cook.

Old 07-23-2007, 11:14 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,612,185 times
Not trying to start anything here, but I have a question. Yesterday, I took the family to the South Hills Mall (Mt Lebo's mall). It wasn't until we where leaving that I realized I had seen nothing but white faces at the mall (and in the town). After thinking about it I also realized that I can't think of any other mall I've ever seen like this....Definitely not at a Pittsburgh mall, not even small town malls like Greensburg, or Johnstown, or Altoona, or Indiana. Usually, there are (at a minimum) a few non-white employees.

I searched the internet and found
Black History Month: Mt. Lebanon's past of not selling homes to minorities is highlighted by Muhammad Ali's effort to buy in Virginia Manor

and

Pittsblog: Plus ca change: Mt. Lebanon community board not going to remedy effects of township's racist history

After seeing what I saw yesterday, I wonder if things have changed. Or, is Mt. Lebanon the same Mt Lebo of old...

Any insight into this

Old 07-23-2007, 11:54 AM

471 posts, read 1,661,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I would think that the OP would want suggestions that are close to Mt. Lebanon since he's looking for places to eat regularly since he doesn't cook.

West Liberty Ave. and banksville are on the Mt. Lebanon border, Carson street(Southside)and Noble Manor(greentree) are an easy drive.
He didn't ask for places to eat regularly close to home, he asked for the "best in town", so mentioning places noted for good burgers, etc.in Bloomfield or even Moon would not be considered unreasonable, imho.

Old 07-23-2007, 01:33 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zip95 View Post
After seeing what I saw yesterday, I wonder if things have changed. Or, is Mt. Lebanon the same Mt Lebo of old...

Any insight into this
Read cubbykonn's post on page four of the "relocating to Pittsburgh" thread and make your own determination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubbykonn View Post
i live in mt. lebanon. the highschool is one of the best in the state. very safe. in fact people joke about mt. lebanon having a bubble over it to keep the upper middle and upper class in and the rest out. only 15 minutes from downtown pittsburgh. high taxes but cost of living is one of the cheapest in the entire country. very quaint and beautiful. good food. lots to do
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh