Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2011, 02:41 PM

19 posts, read 66,049 times

Advertisements

We are likely moving to Pittsburgh in a week. My husband will be working in Cranberry Twnship area. I need some help regarding apartments in that area...my budget is within $1000/month....Can you plz suggest me some good apartments in this area or nearby ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2011, 03:30 PM

3,131 posts, read 9,371,085 times
Look it up on craigslist. There's plenty available with photos.

Old 02-18-2011, 07:35 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times
Agreed. There are plenty of rentals in that price range for the Cranberry area on craigslist with photos.

You don't have to stick to Cranberry. Look at a map and search surrounding areas like Zelienople, Wexford, Mars, etc.

Cranberry and all areas immediately surrounding Cranberrry are nice, safe areas.

Finding an apartment near Cranberry is probably the easiest search a newcomer could have.

Old 02-18-2011, 08:42 PM

783 posts, read 2,021,320 times
There are a fair amount of options on craigslist. If you are looking for a community, a nice one is Berkley Manor. Very nice place, very nice staff. Most likely, if they have anything available they will work to get you in within a week. I believe a 1BR is around $925-$975 a month, depending on any deals or specials they are running. Another option is Foxmoor. They are a condo place, but have rentals and you will see people subleasing on craigslist too. A 2BR can sometimes go as low as $950, depending on how desperate the person is to get someone in there. It's a little tough to get a really good deal within a week though. Also, try not to limit yourself to just Cranberry. Cranberry Twp is on 79, so check out everything close to 79 because it's a very easy commute even from Mt. Lebanon to Cranberry.

Old 02-19-2011, 08:26 AM

19 posts, read 66,049 times
Thnx for responding Guys...Howz the Taylor Ridge Apatments in Sewickley,PA !!!! is it a good area to live ?
Do u have any idea on this apartment community !!!

Old 02-19-2011, 09:46 AM

12,529 posts, read 17,536,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Finding an apartment near Cranberry is probably the easiest search a newcomer could have.
Bingo!!!

Old 02-19-2011, 09:47 AM

9,912 posts, read 24,645,588 times
Don't know anything specific about Taylor Ridge, but I know where it is. I can't imagine anything particularly wrong with it security-wise, and it's fairly new. I wouldn't say there's anything in particular to recommend it over other options, although I don't know typical rents, etc, unless you like the immediate surroundings to look more rural. It does achieve that to a degree.

"Sewickley" is the zip code and thus mailing address, but it's some miles from Sewickley proper. This works in your favor, though, for Cranberry commute. This is on Nicholson Rd just off the Wexford exit of I-79. So to get to Cranberry and back you just hop on I-79 for a few miles. Should be a decent short commute of under 15 min depending upon where in Cranberry he needs to get to.

This spot is not really near anything you can take a short walk to, apart from maybe the nearby YMCA (across the road though, I think, and the road is somewhat busy at certain times of day) which is new and makes for a convenient gym if you want. There's a small commercial area surrounding that exit of I-79, not too far away, just a couple minutes in a car or could be reached easily by bicycle or a long walk (big hills though). More shopping and restaurants are available in Cranberry or the "Wexford" area along Rt 19.

There should be fairly numerous choices for you, but if you like this one I don't see a reason not to try it. I think the main downside is it could feel kind of isolated (as isolated as you can be in an apartment complex, that is) and thus you'll be in your car for everything. But that's not a downside for everyone.

Old 02-19-2011, 02:03 PM

15,637 posts, read 26,242,236 times
Out here, people use Craigslist, but people also use realtors for rentals.

Is that a common thing in Pittsburgh? That might be the best way to get into a rental quick when you have little lead time.....

Old 02-19-2011, 03:11 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Out here, people use Craigslist, but people also use realtors for rentals.

Is that a common thing in Pittsburgh? That might be the best way to get into a rental quick when you have little lead time.....
Realtors are more common for house rentals than apartment rentals in the Pittsburgh area.

Old 02-28-2011, 07:56 PM

2 posts, read 16,205 times
I use to live in Cranberry. I rented an apartment at "The Pointe at Adams Ridge". It was $980 a month (doesn't include utilities other than trash and sewer). It was a nice one bedroom apartment. It was similar to a condo maybe? With the entire living space upstairs and overtop the garage. The only problem was due to the setup being upstairs and over top our garage, it was also overtop our neighbors garage and he had a Harley that he like to ride early on the weekends. Nice place though, and it's easy to get to Westinghouse from there if that's where your hubby got a job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh