Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 01:02 PM

191 posts, read 601,942 times

Advertisements

I've finally made my way up to Pittsburgh. Now I need to get a haircut or shape-up before I start work on Thursday! I've always went to barbershops that had Dominicans or PR's cut my hair. I've tried regular places like supercuts but they don't ever do it right. I usually get a "blowout" or Brooklyn fade, or similar to that, not sure what it's called out here. Can somebody recommend me one that can cut my hair good? I live in Brighton Heights but I'm staying in a hotel in Robinson until Sunday when my house is ready for move in. Any area within 20 minutes of those neighborhoods would work. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2011, 01:26 PM

5,802 posts, read 9,893,724 times
Northside has plenty of Black Barbarshops (closest to what you're looking for) sure it wont take you anytime to find a favorite one....I can't suggest any in particular over that way since Northside is not my forte..

Old 02-22-2011, 01:55 PM

1,901 posts, read 4,378,860 times
Jaylens on East Ohio Street is where I used to go... Occasionally members of the gangsta crowd stop by so it urban all right... Blacks and Latinos in the country do not get along... So that might be your only problem... Mike Logan had a shop on Webster Ave., in Crawford Roberts Hill (Hill District) but I wouldn't advise that... Mt. Oliver Boro has a notrious babershop if you wanna get a hair cut by people who cut not only hair... Also, there is one in Homewood... They sell bootleg: jerseys, shoes, cell phones, and TVs... I've been to 10 baber shops all gritty, including mine now out un Ambrige in Beaver County... But nothing can beat the vibe of a black babershop...

Old 02-22-2011, 02:15 PM

Yea I used to go to a black barbershop in NJ, they were on point. Got me the newest mixtape, a haircut, and it was also a haze spot back then lol. I might just check out that one on E Ohio cuz I think that's closest to me. Thanks for the options

Old 09-14-2011, 07:47 PM

So, i moved to greenfield last month, and i need to find a barbershop closer to me. The ones i find on google are not the ones that will give me the type of haircut im looking for. Besides in Homewood, anything around here that would be considered an urban barber shop? I just want to get a good temple fade (as they call it here) which would be called a "brook" in NYC or NJ. I do not want to drive up to the old one i was going to in Brighton Heights, any help is appreciated, thanks.

Old 09-15-2011, 12:12 AM

2,269 posts, read 3,800,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown kid View Post
Jaylens on East Ohio Street is where I used to go... Occasionally members of the gangsta crowd stop by so it urban all right... Blacks and Latinos in the country do not get along... So that might be your only problem... Mike Logan had a shop on Webster Ave., in Crawford Roberts Hill (Hill District) but I wouldn't advise that... Mt. Oliver Boro has a notrious babershop if you wanna get a hair cut by people who cut not only hair... Also, there is one in Homewood... They sell bootleg: jerseys, shoes, cell phones, and TVs... I've been to 10 baber shops all gritty, including mine now out un Ambrige in Beaver County... But nothing can beat the vibe of a black babershop...
Total nonsense! Blacks and Mexicans in California don't get along. Has nothing to do with Pittsburgh, and nothing to do with Dominicans or Puerto Ricans, who are not particularly crazy about mexicans, and vice-versa. Any beef varies from region to region, and Latinos are hardly monolithic. Puerto Ricans and Blacks tend to view each other as cousins in places like NYC. There is beef sometimes, but hell, Blacks and Latinos don't seem to have much problem beefing with their own kind, so occasional conflict is no surprise. What conflict there is, tends to originate in prison. The Black/Mexican conflict that has gotten out of hand in Cali, originated in the prisons.

I know most of the barbers in that Mt. Oliver barbershop. They have been there for years, and most are not bad guys. You're running your mouth a bit too much young buck. You're getting a bit too specific here. You really should tone it down. I doubt any of those guys read this board, but you never know.

Old 09-15-2011, 03:27 AM

5,802 posts, read 9,893,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnThaGrind View Post
So, i moved to greenfield last month, and i need to find a barbershop closer to me. The ones i find on google are not the ones that will give me the type of haircut im looking for. Besides in Homewood, anything around here that would be considered an urban barber shop? I just want to get a good temple fade (as they call it here) which would be called a "brook" in NYC or NJ. I do not want to drive up to the old one i was going to in Brighton Heights, any help is appreciated, thanks.
Try looking for one in Hazelwood or Homestead

Old 09-15-2011, 07:18 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,030,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herodotus View Post
I know most of the barbers in that Mt. Oliver barbershop. They have been there for years, and most are not bad guys. You're running your mouth a bit too much young buck. You're getting a bit too specific here. You really should tone it down. I doubt any of those guys read this board, but you never know.
Wow! Are you threatening Uptown kid?

Why should he not be specific? Is he breaking some street code of ethics?

Got news for you: There is no street on the internet.

Old 09-15-2011, 07:21 AM

1,437 posts, read 2,871,752 times
I think he's more saying "Hey I like them, quit talking trash about them."

Old 09-15-2011, 07:25 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,030,943 times
Sounds like a threat to me. Furthermore, Herodotus isn't helping their reputation by implying they would hurt Uptown kid if they read what he posted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh