Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2011, 05:56 PM

3 posts, read 13,110 times

Advertisements

i need to find an apartment in the friendship area for july 1, or august 1. does anyone know of any apartments for rent? i've emailed a number of craigslist posts but people have been terrible at getting back to me.
so, i'm looking for somewhere i can walk to a bus stop, hopefully under $800 a month, and i have 2 cats so it must allow pets! any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2011, 06:41 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,819,285 times
It's early to be looking for July or August. You might try putting an "apartment wanted" ad on craigslist, and see what happens.

Also, where do you need to go on the bus? There are more bus routes than you might imagine, and knowing where you need to go might help determine more specifically where you want to live.

Old 03-04-2011, 06:57 PM

1,812 posts, read 3,342,927 times
I am going to Pm you later with a number of a landlord who maybe able to help you. IF i forget pm me to remind me

Old 03-21-2011, 11:23 AM

sorry, this was my first city-data post so i thought i'd get emails updating me when people had replied.

i work in oakland, and my husband is attending chatham so we thought this was our preferred area.
and an apartment wanted ad is a great idea, thanks!

Old 03-21-2011, 12:21 PM

6,594 posts, read 8,907,835 times
Craigslist is definitely the best place to look in Pittsburgh, especially for the city neighborhoods, where there are lots of rentals outside of the big apartment complexes. I would think your next best bet is to just go for a walk or drive and look for "for rent" signs and hit the phones.

$800 a month is definitely a realistic budget, especially if you're looking for a 1 bedroom (but I think you could find a 2 bedroom in that price range, too). All of those neighborhoods are nice, walkable, and conveniently located.

If you think you'd be okay with an apartment complex, then you might want to pick up one of the apartment guide magazines they give away for free at grocery stores. The big property management companies don't always list on craigslist.

Old 03-21-2011, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by megan.elise View Post
sorry, this was my first city-data post so i thought i'd get emails updating me when people had replied.

i work in oakland, and my husband is attending chatham so we thought this was our preferred area.
Does your husband drive to Chatham?

Old 03-21-2011, 05:48 PM

142 posts, read 267,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by megan.elise View Post
I work in Oakland and live close to Chatham. There are several apartments right on Fifth Avenue in Shadyside- which is one of the nicest neighborhoods, IMO, and has great access to the bus lines. You could easily find a 1BR under $800. I'm renting from Colebrook Management and have been very happy with them. (The place I'm renting actually belongs to Chatham and is going back to them at the end of this year, but they have other nice properties in this area.)

Old 03-21-2011, 07:03 PM

he doesn't drive to chatham because he'll be starting his graduate program in the fall. we'd like to minimize the amount we drive as much as possible. i did drive around looking for "for rent" signs but half the people didn't call back. i'll look into colebrook management. i've had viewings with jj land co (staircase too narrow to move in any furniture), es management (1 fake gas fireplace is the sole source of heat), and equity management (the agent never showed up, luckily the girl who lives there currently is nice and let me in). so, no luck yet. but it's still early.

Old 03-22-2011, 08:34 AM

Fifth Avenue does sound good, then, for your husband to walk to work, and you to take the bus. There are also apartments for rent on S. Negley, north of Fifth Avenue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh