Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 12:31 PM

2 posts, read 3,845 times

Advertisements

Now days down there is a drug dealers dream you can hustle all day long cuz there nobody down there the police dont even come threw there i ride down there sometimes and i just look at what they did to such a great place im 30 years old now and i been gone from here since 96 i was one of the last people to leave when the first apts went down the ones you see standing now are not the ones i grew up in those are the so called remodeled ones if u want to call them that so to all the people who stay in the garden you have nothin to worry about just mind your business and the thugs and the crime will stay away from you if you dont then they will travel up there and just take over emerald gardens remember these are drug dealers so 800 for rent is nothin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2009, 09:21 PM

16 posts, read 42,280 times
Ah... I was reading the responses trying to pinpoint the area (I'm originally from Kennedy Twp. in McKees Rocks). Finally I did a Google Map search and immediately recognized the area. A couple years back I helped deliver UPS packages over Christmas. My first day on the job another driver asked my driver what route we were on. When he told him, the other driver wished me luck... We got to start with and finish with deliveries to this area... I remember the driver backing the truck down Mazette. I was going to run to the front door, knock, and drop the package off like normal... but he grabbed my jacket and told me to close the door... Instead of the normal routine, he kept it in drive, and just honked the horn a bunch of times... when no one came out of that house he just took off. Village Road definitely looks different these days...

Old 06-08-2009, 03:07 AM

2 posts, read 2,778 times
I think it's time to move on Broadhead-Shawty. Talking like that doesn't make the area sound any better, nor does it accurately depict the current situation.

Overall, I feel safe in this area. As far as the quality of the remodeled townhomes... ehhh.... could be better, but not terrible. The construction company must have been in a hurry - paint spots on carpet, no wand for my patio blinds, door off-center, no filter in furnace. Thats the bad. The good news -- I called maintenence and they were there the NEXT MORNING @ 8:30AM and fixed everything.

Grades:
Safeness: A-
Appearance of Townhome: A
Quality of Townhome: B-
Appearance of development: A
Attention, Kindness, Promptness of Staff and Maintenence: B+
Neighbors: B
Parking: B- (I live in a small parking lot court. Other courts have more parking)
Overall Emerald Gardens Grade: B+
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh