Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 06:47 PM

1,758 posts, read 4,230,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by annlibrarian View Post
Consider Bedford Springs Resort. Golf course, hiking trails, stunning indoor and outdoor pools, and beautiful restoration. I went while pregnant and they were very accomodating during the spa treatments.
It is pretty expensive though, like Nemacolin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2011, 09:31 PM

137 posts, read 274,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post

Nemacolin isn't $400 a night that I know of. You don't have to stay at Falling Rock, you can stay at the Chateau or the Lodge, but it isn't a cheap place.
I was surprised, too, but they claim to be sold out of the $329/night lodge rooms on the Mon-Wed I was looking! Who'd have thought, eh?

I think i'm leaning towards Seven Springs or a B&B near Falling Water.

Thanks, everyone, for the suggestions!

Old 03-29-2011, 10:07 PM

12,526 posts, read 17,544,696 times
Bedford Springs is very pricey, Nemacolin used to be a great deal, no longer. 7 Springs is probably the closest for you, but I hate the Nuttings, no doubt they will screw that place up like the Pirates.

I'd go to Lake Chautauqua, but I'm prejudices, my wife and I spend a lot of weekends there in the Summer. In May, you could get a good deal at the hotel at the Institute, great area.

Old 03-30-2011, 07:33 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,973,648 times
I know the the owners of Nemacolin and they did have a good year last year. I suspect this coming year will also be good. They were running specials and the clientele wasn't a very good one for a place like that. I know they even had a TV vandalized in the men's locker room because of the lowlifes they were letting in. Guess they are not going do the cheap stuff anymore. I couldn't believe someone smashed a TV with a pool cue, but then again, you get the riffraff in there that is what you get. It is a beautiful place.

Old 03-30-2011, 11:51 AM

18 posts, read 38,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuwaver88 View Post
It is pretty expensive though, like Nemacolin.
Bedford Springs is pricey, but like anywhere, deals can be found. We took advantage of a mid-week special that included a $100 dining allowance and a balcony room for around $220 a night.

Old 03-30-2011, 11:59 AM

356 posts, read 834,158 times
what kind of thing are you looking for? Presque Isle in Erie, PA is nice if you want a beach. About 2 1/2 hrs though, depending on where you're coming from in Pittsburgh.

Old 03-31-2011, 08:51 AM

29,745 posts, read 34,383,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtpgh View Post
Cant believe no one has said Deep Creek Lake in maryland. We go there at least once a year with a large group of friends for a weeekend and this year we are also going for a week long stay. It's a great little spot.
There's a Groupon for a B&B in Deep Creek today: North Glade Inn Bed & Breakfast Deal of the Day | Groupon Pittsburgh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh