Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 02:09 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,776,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
Why do I picture Fred Flintstone driving that thing.?
No it runs fine. Just a gas guzzler. Below is a pic (not of mine...but just to give you an idea...):

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2013, 02:13 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,776,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarisnowday View Post
As someone who drove an '85 until a few years ago, I can relate! But even though depreciation in value isn't a concern, the wear and tear still adds up in regular maintenance. Tires, oil changes, suspension, brakes, etc.; and of course each drive is that many more miles closer to finally having to get a different car.
Yes for sure; however the maintenance on older cars is incredibly cheaper than what you run into on new cars. This includes the tires (for whatever reason, the tire prices on the sizes for older cars are much lower....one tech said it is because they are not low profile, and are not made as well....for better or for worse). My BF does the oil changes...my cousin does the brakes. All the other stuff is just add your fluids...listen for any weird noises, and you're good to go! No computers to fail. No super complicated parts.

But the gas mileage....ugh. You can definitely tell my car was made when gas was $0.57/gallon. It's really beyond ridiculous! (and for that reason alone, I'm looking for a 4-banger).

Old 02-19-2013, 03:06 PM

12,529 posts, read 17,535,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissShona View Post
No it runs fine. Just a gas guzzler. Below is a pic (not of mine...but just to give you an idea...):

Is that Starsky and Hutch inside?

Old 02-19-2013, 08:15 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,954,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steindle View Post
Not even CAPA or the Montessori K-8? Why not, if you don't mind me asking?
PPS is struggling and scrapping by. Also that location with that teacher getting punched and such, not to mention a child having to ride a PAT bus downtown and dealing with that already. Personally, I just don't like the entire system. I like neighborhood schools. The district I am in is much more internationally diverse than PPS. Also, with all these state cuts, FC isn't really effected. We are on budget and don't really need the state. Of course they raise taxes every year, but at least the school is really good for the kids that are in the better classes. Sure some kids aren't going to excel in the school and they bring test scores down, but for the kids that are motivated with parents involved, kids go to Ivy League often.

Old 02-20-2013, 02:33 PM

508 posts, read 888,804 times
Quite honestly, there are only two issues precluding my family from making the move to the City:

1.) Parking
2.) Crime
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh