Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 06:47 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForYourLungsOnly View Post
that road has been a problem for a long time.
I just made a similar comment in another thread. The flooding on Washington Blvd could be avoided. There's not even a creek over there. There's no damn reason for that road to flood. They need to install better storm sewers to handle heavy rainfall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2011, 07:17 PM

2,458 posts, read 4,204,019 times
Quote:
There's not even a creek over there. There's no damn reason for that road to flood.
See my reply in that thread, including the recent edit.

Old 08-19-2011, 08:59 PM

570 posts, read 1,411,760 times
Sewickley Heights received .96 over a 45 min period as the line of storms moved across. Starting to hear of up to 3 inches over an hour period in the eastern neighborhoods of the city. Watch for the connection of development influences up on the upper portion of the watershed that Washington Blvd is located and the violent flooding of Friday.

Old 08-19-2011, 10:05 PM

32,617 posts, read 77,614,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Note to Pittsburgh drivers: If the power is out, the intersection becomes a four-way stop. Also, please learn the concept of "right of way". KTHNKS
Yep. I was nearly t-boned tonight by some moron at the intersection of Centre & Craig in North Oakland. I approached the intersection heading northbound on Craig. I stopped because the light was out. Cars to my right and left (on Centre) both went in their respective directions because they had arrived before I did. I then pulled out to go straight across Centre and had to slam on my brakes as some ghetto trash nearly took out my Mazda as he roared into the intersection heading eastbound on Centre through Craig. I blared my horn for five seconds and screamed out my windows at the top of my lungs informing this moron that you STOP at an intersection where the lights have gone out. He came to nearly a dead stop in front of me, and I continued to exchange words as I blared my horn. I was also nearly t-boned when I was trying to pull left onto Liberty Avenue in Bloomfield from a side street where another signal was out because the yinzer trash kept rolling on through the intersection on Liberty. I bullied my way out.

Where were the Pittsburgh Police this evening? The city loves to ticket non-FedEx and non-UPS delivery vehicles very rigorously, but when it comes to something important, such as traffic control, there's nobody to be found. Lights were out (are still out?) EVERYWHERE! For God's sake RAISE TAXES if we're THIS understaffed on police!

Old 08-20-2011, 12:01 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchdigger View Post
See my reply in that thread, including the recent edit.
See my response to your reply in that thread.

Old 08-20-2011, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
See my response to your reply in that thread.
I have.

Old 08-20-2011, 03:00 PM

Ohboy...

It's more serious than we thought:

Bible Prophecy Truth > Signs of the End > Signs in Nature > Floods

Old 08-20-2011, 10:42 PM

32,617 posts, read 77,614,858 times
Does anybody know why there are still so many traffic signals out throughout the East End?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh