Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 07:41 PM

7,541 posts, read 10,231,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
I am pro gun, but pro education. Seems the NRA wouldn't like me much since I believe people should have to take a little class to have a concealed permit.

I'd really like to see gun safety taught in the schools.

Even if a child lives in a gun-free home, he may decide to have guns a few years down the line when he is an adult and should be familiar.

I don't think the NRA is really anti-education, as they do offer gun safety instructions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2011, 07:45 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,879,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Like_Spam View Post
I don't think the NRA is really anti-education, as they do offer gun safety instructions.
Should there really be an option on gun safety if people are going to walk around with them concealed? Ah, like I said, I don't care much about the whole issue. I could borrow my buddies lifted truck and head down there unshaven for the week and not brush my teeth and fit right in. Might be fun to check it out.

Old 04-24-2011, 07:52 PM

7,541 posts, read 10,231,166 times
Quote:
Should there really be an option on gun safety if people are going to walk around with them concealed? Ah, like I said, I don't care much about the whole issue. I could borrow my buddies lifted truck and head down there unshaven for the week and not brush my teeth and fit right in. Might be fun to check it out.

I think if you have an interest in firearms, it should be a pretty interesting event.

But I don't think you need to bring a pickup truck, as you have to park it anyhow while you are at the event and folks won't see it or associate it with you.

Old 04-24-2011, 08:59 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,077,342 times
States that require gun safey classes to get a concealed carry permit, don't have any less gun accidents.

I'm for people getting firearms training, but I don't support making it mandatory.

Old 04-24-2011, 09:12 PM

1,437 posts, read 2,865,996 times
You don't even need a license to open carry.

Old 04-25-2011, 02:41 AM

3,131 posts, read 9,356,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Like_Spam View Post
I'd really like to see gun safety taught in the schools.
When I was in 7th grade we had a rifle club and would shoot 22s in the school basement (east suburbia). It was sponsored by the NRA and they awarded certificates like Sharpshooter, etc. I imagine safety was taught.

It was later canceled because in case of fire there was only one small window to escape.

Old 04-25-2011, 04:50 AM

4,599 posts, read 6,702,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeinGlanzendMotorrad View Post
You don't even need a license to open carry.
Still wouldn't chance it, especially with what happened to the guy in Philly recently.

Old 04-25-2011, 04:56 AM

1,437 posts, read 2,865,996 times
Philly and Pittsburgh are like two different worlds. I've been open carrying in Pittsburgh since I turned 21 (I'm 25 now) with no problems.

Outside of Pittsburgh, however... well, that's a different story for another day. Suffice it to say State Police in small town barracks don't really give a damn about things like "law"

And Mark/Viper is a special case. They're flat out out to get him at this point.

Old 04-25-2011, 05:09 AM

4,599 posts, read 6,702,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeinGlanzendMotorrad View Post
Philly and Pittsburgh are like two different worlds. I've been open carrying in Pittsburgh since I turned 21 (I'm 25 now) with no problems.

Outside of Pittsburgh, however... well, that's a different story for another day. Suffice it to say State Police in small town barracks don't really give a damn about things like "law"

And Mark/Viper is a special case. They're flat out out to get him at this point.
That's pretty cool. Not only would I be worried about cops not knowing the laws they're suppose to uphold, I'd be worried about some busy bodied dolt who doesn't know the law calling the cops on me.

Also, I'll echo that notion about State Police. Never had a good experience with them, ever.

Old 04-25-2011, 07:16 AM

362 posts, read 917,528 times
Quote:
You have proven yourself to be an ignorant, condescending and very judgmental person over and over again from the get-go with this topic. I surly hope you do not expect to be taken seriously with any of your "opinions" and firsthand "insight".

For not caring much about this whole issue, you sure have a lot of comments here and none are valid. You do however seem to really enjoy insulting folks. Makes one wonder how you would like it if the shoe were on the other foot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh