Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 08:33 AM

2,902 posts, read 10,070,295 times

Advertisements

Does anybody else thing the best part of that video is the Wilson Phillips in the background??

Those videos don't do it justice AT ALL. You can't really see the rivers in your peripheral vision or the southside slopes. You really have to take a minute to look around before you can get the whole affect.

I can't wait to take you to Mt. Washington! We WILL be doing that if I had to tie you and your husband to my car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2007, 09:03 AM

2,039 posts, read 6,323,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boylocke View Post
Does anybody else thing the best part of that video is the Wilson Phillips in the background??

Those videos don't do it justice AT ALL. You can't really see the rivers in your peripheral vision or the southside slopes. You really have to take a minute to look around before you can get the whole affect.

I can't wait to take you to Mt. Washington! We WILL be doing that if I had to tie you and your husband to my car.

You are SO right, they don't do it justice. I searched high and low looking for a professional one. You'd think the city of Pittsburgh would take the time to hire and outside company to video the experience and show it off to the world. I'd bat it would bring a ton of visitors. It's better than a Disney ride!

Old 10-02-2007, 12:48 PM

314 posts, read 849,233 times
Quote:

Don't threaten us with a good time. LMAO. Don't you worry darlin. We will go with ya. i can't think of anyone I would rather go with. Odds are we will be driving in at night anyway. We are going to my Mom's in Birmingham, Al and then heading straight through to there. It is around 11 hours so unless we leave at dawn it should be at least dusk when we get there. Around what time does it get dark around there in Oct? This year they are not doing the time change until Nov. YEA!!

Old 10-02-2007, 12:51 PM

2,902 posts, read 10,070,295 times
Quote:
Odds are we will be driving in at night anyway.
I just wet myself a lil bit.........

Quote:
Around what time does it get dark around there in Oct?
When you come in a week or two it should be getting dark.. actually I have no idea. LOL. As I was completing that sentence I realized I have no idea. HAHA!

Old 10-02-2007, 01:07 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
Quote:
When you come in a week or two it should be getting dark.. actually I have no idea. LOL. As I was completing that sentence I realized I have no idea. HAHA!
Here is the October sunset/sunrise schedule for Pittsburgh: Sunrise/Sunset Times for Pittsburgh, PA - October, 2007

Old 10-02-2007, 01:11 PM

Quote:
I just wet myself a lil bit.........

~rolling on the floor and clutching her stomach in joyous agony~
I am glad you approve!

You are on a roll today, sugar, my side hurts!!

Old 10-02-2007, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Here is the October sunset/sunrise schedule for Pittsburgh: Sunrise/Sunset Times for Pittsburgh, PA - October, 2007

Thanx Hopes. I can always count on you for valid and up-to-date information....Boylocke on the other hand. LOL

Old 10-02-2007, 01:14 PM

Wow, it gets dark here at 7 o'clock still. What time does it get dark in the dead of winter? Or does it ever get light? I am scared a little. I might go through that SDD or something.

Old 10-02-2007, 01:22 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinxd_13 View Post
Wow, it gets dark here at 7 o'clock still. What time does it get dark in the dead of winter? Or does it ever get light? I am scared a little. I might go through that SDD or something.
5 o'clock is the earliest.

Old 10-02-2007, 02:53 PM

2,039 posts, read 6,323,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinxd_13 View Post
Don't threaten us with a good time. LMAO. Don't you worry darlin. We will go with ya. i can't think of anyone I would rather go with. Odds are we will be driving in at night anyway. We are going to my Mom's in Birmingham, Al and then heading straight through to there. It is around 11 hours so unless we leave at dawn it should be at least dusk when we get there. Around what time does it get dark around there in Oct? This year they are not doing the time change until Nov. YEA!!
Oh gosh, if you are driving in at night - GO THROUGH THE TUNNEL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh