Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 09:20 PM

995 posts, read 2,726,137 times

Advertisements

Where's the best place to sit to catch the game and take in the city skyline? Looking to catch a game tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2011, 09:30 PM

6,601 posts, read 8,967,730 times
The skyline can be seen from practically the entire park. The seats on the river side of the park won't have a view of downtown, that looks to be sections 139 - 147 on their website. I typically get the cheapest seats, in the outfield grandstands. The right field grand stand directly faces the score board, but you'll only see downtown if you look away from the action. It's a good view, still though. The left field grand stand will have a much better view of downtown, but you'll be unable to see the big screen.

It doesn't cost that much more to get better seats, but honestly I've been happy with the grandstand -- it's a pretty well designed park. If you want to be closer to field level, the bleachers are the same price as the grandstands.

Old 06-09-2011, 09:39 PM

20,273 posts, read 32,987,086 times
Have you seen their seating chart? You can click on any section to see the view:

PNC Park Seating and Pricing | pirates.com: Tickets

Short answer: anything behind home plate or along the third base line will have great city views right behind the action.

Old 06-09-2011, 09:49 PM

995 posts, read 2,726,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTH View Post
Have you seen their seating chart? You can click on any section to see the view:

PNC Park Seating and Pricing | pirates.com: Tickets

Short answer: anything behind home plate or along the third base line will have great city views right behind the action.
I did thank you. Just wasn't sure where to sit. Now I need to find a reasonable priced hotel near the park.

Old 06-09-2011, 09:53 PM

20,273 posts, read 32,987,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelazyone View Post
Now I need to find a reasonable priced hotel near the park.
I've heard of people having good luck using some of the popular discount sites to get rooms Downtown or on the North Shore.

Old 06-10-2011, 06:15 AM

354 posts, read 475,131 times
Sit anywhere on the third base line, or behind home plate, imo

Old 06-10-2011, 06:41 AM

1,714 posts, read 2,356,530 times
Second Deck under the press box are my favorites.

Old 06-10-2011, 06:59 AM

32,616 posts, read 77,544,581 times
My partner and I sat along the third-base line and had a wonderful view!

Old 06-10-2011, 07:33 AM

9,912 posts, read 24,633,048 times
Depends upon how much you want to spend (and what seats are left). I had mostly sat on the third base side but at most recent game I went to sat on first base side and enjoyed that. Think it was section 108, decent view of first as well as outside and the scoreboard. I like sitting on the lower level vs upper but either is fine, you're still close enough in on the upper deck to have a decent view of the game. I feel like I get more involved with the game in the lower level sections though. On the lower level if you're sitting near the ends, especially right field, you won't be able to see the skyline so much. On the left field end you won't be able to see the big scoreboard. But we're talking extreme ends there. A couple sections in and you'll still have some view.

Old 06-10-2011, 03:40 PM

110 posts, read 193,561 times
this might interest some
Here's the MLB.com All-Star Game 2011 Ballot
Pirates Ticket Offer We Promised You
Thank you for voting for the MLB® All-Star Game 2011 at MLB.com and selecting the Pirates as a "favorite" or "other favorite" Club. As a special thank you for your vote you can receive a 50% discount on tickets in locations valued up to $20.00 - Outfield Box seats to one (1) select eligible Sunday through Thursday home game of your choice.

yes all I did was vote for the entire Pirates line up and I found out that the other teams are offering similar offers or other freebies, the Rangers are giving away free tickets but you have to keep voting, so I do not know if you get free tickets from the Pirates if you vote for the whole 25 times or not but be interesting to try and see.
Good luck and lets put the the Pirates at the All Star game and show what Western PA can do
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh