Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 06:29 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,973,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronPGH View Post
None of these mergers should have gone through. Consumers are getting totally shafted.
This is one of the reasons I would like to see people fly out of LBE and use Spirit. I think it is time for the tail to wag the dog. Enough is enough. We are not cattle and I am tired of being treated as such.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2013, 06:46 PM

9,912 posts, read 24,655,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
We are not cattle and I am tired of being treated as such.
LOL

Perfectly fine to use Spirit at LBE if that's your thing, but that is one ironic sentence to use in conjunction with it. "Self-loading cargo" has never been more apt.

Old 11-15-2013, 07:18 PM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg42 View Post
LOL

Perfectly fine to use Spirit at LBE if that's your thing, but that is one ironic sentence to use in conjunction with it. "Self-loading cargo" has never been more apt.
I have heard nothing but good things about Spirit. It is kind of like wine. There are $100 dollar bottles that taste like crap and there are $20 bottles that are great. If you read what you are in for and are an educated traveller, there is no problem with Spirit. It are the people that don't travel much and remember back in the day that most people travel well dressed and such instead of pajama pants as they do these days that don't understand Spirit and they are under the impression that flying folks get respect. We don't and it is like taking a cab these days. Learn and then respond please.

Old 11-15-2013, 08:23 PM

I do read and learn quite a lot actually. For example I read and learned very recently that Spirit has by far the lowest seat pitch of any US airline. Seat pitch if you're not familiar with the term is the distance from the back of one seat to the back of the next, thus the measure of how much seat and leg room you get. Sprit's seat pitch alone falls into my definition of being treated like cattle.

I can infer from your post that you haven't actually flown them either. Regardless of what your conclusion is if you ever actually do, one thing that's clear is there is no chance Spirit treats you any LESS like cattle. The big gain by going to LBE is a calm small airport. It is not the airline experience which is nothing but shades of mediocre to bad for all US airlines.

Thus, it was ironic to see you mention not being treated like cattle in regards to flying on Spirit. It is not actually possible to fly and not be treated like cattle unless it is by private plane. Or possibly flying a foreign airline although you still get the bad airport treatment on the US end of those flights.

Old 11-15-2013, 08:39 PM
gg

Quote:
… to bad for all US airlines.
Please explain how Spirit is bad for all US airlines? I think it is great someone is up the butts of the majors, so they will provide us a good travel experience for a decent price. As it is now, we are getting creamed if you need to fly.

Old 11-15-2013, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Please explain how Spirit is bad for all US airlines?
Learn how to read and then respond, please.

I didn't say anything of the sort. I am all for competition, am in agreement with the rest of what you wrote just there.

What I said prior to that, which you did not read correctly, is that the service on all US airlines is mediocre to bad.

It is very difficult to avoid being treated like cattle when dealing with ANY of the US airlines, Spirit included. You might come close if you can buy first class tix. Spirit has a few extra cost larger seats on the plane, not going to decrease the cattle effect much but at least you'd have a reasonable amount of room.

It is also fairly difficult to avoid being treated like a criminal at any US airport. It is mostly a separate issue, but it is something that is hard to avoid even if you can afford first class.

All adds up to cattle for me, including LBE and Spirit.

Old 11-16-2013, 06:35 AM

12,526 posts, read 17,544,696 times
Quote:
I do read and learn quite a lot actually. For example I read and learned very recently that Spirit has by far the lowest seat pitch of any US airline. Seat pitch if you're not familiar with the term is the distance from the back of one seat to the back of the next, thus the measure of how much seat and leg room you get. Sprit's seat pitch alone falls into my definition of being treated like cattle.

I can infer from your post that you haven't actually flown them either. Regardless of what your conclusion is if you ever actually do, one thing that's clear is there is no chance Spirit treats you any LESS like cattle. The big gain by going to LBE is a calm small airport. It is not the airline experience which is nothing but shades of mediocre to bad for all US airlines.

Thus, it was ironic to see you mention not being treated like cattle in regards to flying on Spirit. It is not actually possible to fly and not be treated like cattle unless it is by private plane. Or possibly flying a foreign airline although you still get the bad airport treatment on the US end of those flights.
If the price is right, I'll sit on a bucket.

Old 11-16-2013, 08:10 AM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
Exactly. Free parking, cheap seat for a couple hour or so flight. It isn't like it is some transatlantic flight.

Old 11-16-2013, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
Quote:
Exactly. Free parking, cheap seat for a couple hour or so flight. It isn't like it is some transatlantic flight.
That is where most casual passengers are in their thinking, and for good reason. No disagreement there.

But what I read above was this:

Quote:
This is one of the reasons I would like to see people fly out of LBE and use Spirit. I think it is time for the tail to wag the dog. Enough is enough. We are not cattle and I am tired of being treated as such.
It suggests going to Latrobe would help one avoid being treated like cattle. I still think it is funny that anyone would dream of equating the two, given the nature of the airline industry.

Old 11-18-2013, 07:54 AM
gg

Quote:
It suggests going to Latrobe would help one avoid being treated like cattle. I still think it is funny that anyone would dream of equating the two, given the nature of the airline industry.
Sure, the smaller airports are so much nicer. Sarasota comes to mind. Nice little airport.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh