Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 10:48 PM

12,526 posts, read 17,546,779 times

Advertisements

Paul Shannon hated children.

Old 06-11-2011, 11:58 PM

781 posts, read 1,619,519 times
If you want to know a bit about Fred Rogers do a little research.

YouTube - ‪Mister Rogers defending PBS to the US Senate‬‏

Listen to the entire video if you decide to respond. He was very influential and caring. Did he ever tick off somebody? It would be hard to imagine he didn't simply because that is life. I am certain it was never his goal. That is not his legacy, he was a very unique person and in my opinion surpasses every athlete or celebrity in regards to "Why Pittsburgh is cool".

He has many urban legends such as he was an Army Seal and a sniper to boot. I think it is hard for people to believe in this day and and age think a really decent person who meant well is pure fiction. Is it impossible to believe that anyone could be honest and honorable could possibly exsist? I think that is tragic.

Added bonus video acceptance speech. www.youtube.com/watch?v=Upm9LnuCBUM

The level of disbelief should all make adults pause and think why is everyone so distrusting? Seriously, when Fred Rogers is thrown under the bus it must make many of us think WTF? Let me guess Elmo is next because the actor...... fill in the blank. it is too stupid to discuss.

BTW, I am not from Pittsburgh, but I love telling my friends I live in his neighborhood.

Last edited by Sideblinded; 06-12-2011 at 01:04 AM..

Old 06-12-2011, 01:15 AM

1,812 posts, read 3,359,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
Paul Shannon hated children.
who is paul shannon

Old 06-12-2011, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideblinded View Post
If you want to know a bit about Fred Rogers do a little research.

YouTube - ‪Mister Rogers defending PBS to the US Senate‬‏

Listen to the entire video if you decide to respond. He was very influential and caring. Did he ever tick off somebody? It would be hard to imagine he didn't simply because that is life. I am certain it was never his goal. That is not his legacy, he was a very unique person and in my opinion surpasses every athlete or celebrity in regards to "Why Pittsburgh is cool".

He has many urban legends such as he was an Army Seal and a sniper to boot. I think it is hard for people to believe in this day and and age think a really decent person who meant well is pure fiction. Is it impossible to believe that anyone could be honest and honorable could possibly exsist? I think that is tragic.

Added bonus video acceptance speech.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Upm9LnuCBUM

The level of disbelief should all make adults pause and think why is everyone so distrusting? Seriously, when Fred Rogers is thrown under the bus it must make many of us think WTF? Let me guess Elmo is next because the actor...... fill in the blank. it is too stupid to discuss.

BTW, I am not from Pittsburgh, but I love telling my friends I live in his neighborhood.

thanks for the link but, what does ELMO have to do with this he is a puppet from another show/

Old 06-12-2011, 04:55 AM

7,541 posts, read 10,258,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30STM View Post
who is paul shannon
Paul Shannon had a children's program on Channel 4 in the 50s and 60s with a live audience of kids before Mr. Rogers, Sesame Street and other PBS programs were debuted.

Shannon showed Three Stooges short films during the show and is credited with helping to revive those guys' careers which were in jeopardy with the advent of television.

Old 06-12-2011, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Like_Spam View Post
Paul Shannon had a children's program on Channel 4 in the 50s and 60s with a live audience of kids before Mr. Rogers, Sesame Street and other PBS programs were debuted.

Shannon showed Three Stooges short films during the show and is credited with helping to revive those guys' careers which were in jeopardy with the advent of television.
awesome i gonna see if youtube has anything thanks

Gone of the days are the ole PBS style of programing for kids.

I remember I would watch Sesame Street, Electric Company, Mr. Rodgers, Zoom and Hodgepodgelodge.

Old 06-12-2011, 05:35 AM

7,541 posts, read 10,258,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30STM View Post
I remember I would watch Sesame Street, Electric Company, Mr. Rodgers, Zoom and Hodgepodgelodge.

If you were a little bit older, instead of learning about the alphabet, getting along with others and wearing cardigan sweaters on PBS, you would have learned about bopping people on the head with hammers and not letting the plumbers into your home if they look a bit crazy and the boss has a sugar bowl hair cut.

Old 06-12-2011, 06:40 AM

12,526 posts, read 17,546,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Like_Spam View Post

Not quite correct, TV revived their careers. Sad to say, they never received a dime from Columbia when those shorts were sold to TV.

They did repay Mr. Shannon by giving him a small role in one of their feature length movies.

Old 06-12-2011, 12:52 PM

1,349 posts, read 3,574,076 times
Fred Rogers gave the commencement address at my college a few years before he died. He had some eccentric requests that had to be made to accommodate him, but people who met him seemed to think he was a nice guy.

Old 06-12-2011, 01:34 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,973,648 times
This is a sad thread. This guy was as good as it gets, but there is always some IDIOT that wants to bring him down. Even on the tonight show when it was hosted by the stupid sub (women I can't think of her name), she asked him about sex and he just patted her hand with no answer. He was too much of a gentleman to deal with TV ratings of the lowlife kind. Ever thing he did was nice. Sad some moron started a thread to try in discredit someone like a minister that did so much for so many kids and didn't preach the garbage that is so often spoken today, but I would expect nothing less these days. Hope you are happy OP, for trying to drag someone throw the mud that is not here any longer and was a great asset to Pittsburgh and to be quite honest an asset to the kids in the US.

Classless, but what else is new?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh