Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2012, 01:11 PM

5,802 posts, read 9,897,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIRefugee View Post
You mean rescind? I hope you mean rescind.
yes rescind, sorry I was on my iPad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2012, 01:24 PM

4,359 posts, read 7,532,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeauty212 View Post
The Board is Voting Tuesday to Resend the Cuts....which was my indication that everything is a go....But I guess we still have to wait for GOV Do Nothing to confirm.
So, if he does something are you going to quit with the name calling?

It seems as if his stance may in fact turn out to be the correct one. Basically, withhold funding until PAT gets its house in order. Looks, like the union is getting their house in order. Now, can management find their own cuts?

Old 08-20-2012, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robrobrob View Post
So, if he does something are you going to quit with the name calling?

It seems as if his stance may in fact turn out to be the correct one. Basically, withhold funding until PAT gets its house in order. Looks, like the union is getting their house in order. Now, can management find their own cuts?
I'll stop calling him Gov DoNothing....when he actually DOES SOMETHING...Like Dedicated Transportation Funding to stop this ridiculous merry-go-round. So before you hail Do Nothing as some so of Miracle worker that "Cracked" the Union.....Keep in mind all this is only for 1yr band-aid funding...PAT will be right back in the same position next year if Do Nothing continues to ignore the problem at hand as he's done for the last 2 years...

Old 08-20-2012, 01:44 PM

4,359 posts, read 7,532,111 times
Quote:
I'll stop calling him Gov DoNothing....when he actually DOES SOMETHING...Like Dedicated Transportation Funding to stop this ridiculous merry-go-round. So before you hail Do Nothing as some so of Miracle worker that "Cracked" the Union.....Keep in mind all this is only for 1yr band-aid funding...PAT will be right back in the same position next year if Do Nothing continues to ignore the problem at hand as he's done for the last 2 years...
So, if he does something you will act civil and apologize?

Old 08-20-2012, 02:09 PM

1,146 posts, read 1,413,909 times
I believe Corbett would supply funding to overcome the budget shortfall for this year and that all parties have agreed to work on a statewide transportation reform program before we get anywhere close to this point next year. At least, I hope they have learned their lesson by now.

IMO, the main goal should be returning service to pre-March 2011 levels which was the full implementation of the TDP service reform. It will be great to keep away the September 2nd cuts, but the service operating right now is 15% of what it should be.

Old 08-20-2012, 02:14 PM

Quote:
So, if he does something you will act civil and apologize?
Apologize for what...again up until he actually does something, and solves a real problem, the nick-name is fitting for what he accomplished in his first term so far...NOTHING!

Old 08-20-2012, 02:38 PM

20,273 posts, read 33,022,351 times
Quote:
The Board is Voting Tuesday to [Rescind] the Cuts.
I hope that is true, but they have to vote just to accept the new contract, so I am not 100% sure that reporting is accurate.

Old 08-20-2012, 02:41 PM

Quote:
It seems as if his stance may in fact turn out to be the correct one. Basically, withhold funding until PAT gets its house in order.
There is really no evidence that PAT got a better deal from the union as a result of Corbett's posturing. However, as I noted many times, if Corbett needs to take credit for union-bashing in order to save face with the Tea Party types, then so be it.

Old 08-20-2012, 04:02 PM

10,227 posts, read 16,823,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTH View Post
There is really no evidence that PAT got a better deal from the union as a result of Corbett's posturing. However, as I noted many times, if Corbett needs to take credit for union-bashing in order to save face with the Tea Party types, then so be it.
tea party types? nonsense and you probably know it behind the partisanship. there's little evidence of scott walker in governor corbett. I do think that he got a slightly better deal and, perhaps more importantly, bought time until the state's revenues recovered enough.

Old 08-20-2012, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pman View Post
tea party types? nonsense and you probably know it behind the partisanship
There are in fact plenty of Tea Party types in the Pennsylvania Republican Party these days, and Corbett could in fact go the way of any number of incumbents or other "establishment" Republicans who have been primaried out by the Tea Party types.

If you think it is "nonsense" or "partisanship" to point out those forces are in operating within Pennsylvania, well, then that probably explains why you have been wrong in your predictions about Corbett so many times: you don't understand the sorts of political calculations he has to make.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh