Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2011, 09:51 PM

1 posts, read 1,427 times

Advertisements

I just rented a house in north hills.

I was supposed to move in on the third, put it off till the 8th and then again till the 11th.

The reason was: i have no electrical, gas, No use of toilets..this is why

redoing old house, looked good when i rented it.. they redid the wiring, panels are destroyed and electrician is working on it,. two hours a day for two weeks

No gas, needs new lines run through whole house.

No toilet use.. landlord said I would not flush paper down and went and got me tubs to put by my toilets..

What can i do,. i did not know about all this until after i moved in, i assumed that the lights and gas were off because of needing service.

I have contractors running in and out all day..and I'm frazzled, I can work because of no lights for internet..

i have been her since the 3rd in this condition.. what can i do?

What are my rights. I don't want to move without some serious compensation because i have put alot of cosmetic working in to house!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2011, 12:10 AM

3,131 posts, read 9,375,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethinnorthhills View Post
I just rented a house in north hills.

I was supposed to move in on the third, put it off till the 8th and then again till the 11th.

i have been her since the 3rd
I would like to hear the other side of the story.

Old 06-18-2011, 07:16 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times
Have you just told your landlord, I want to move out because the place isn't livable? Have you discussed anything with the landlord? That is what you do first.

Old 06-18-2011, 07:22 AM

7,541 posts, read 10,260,125 times
It seems as if your landlord just wasn't ready to accept tenants at this property.

You can either work it out with the landlord, or your remedy is in the court room of the local district justice.

Old 06-18-2011, 04:07 PM

18,717 posts, read 31,086,150 times
Meanwhile, use your video camera and get evidence of how the place isn't liveable. Maybe you won't need it (depending on how your landlord responds) but if you do need it , it's a good thing to have.

Old 06-19-2011, 12:43 AM

110 posts, read 193,737 times
I agree with Caladium keep a record of what is going on and talk to the landlord and ask if he knows the electrician is only working 2 hours a day on it he may not know this and you need to keep him informed and discuss it and try to solve the problem between yourselves first because I don't know if he is easy to deal with or not but if he is he may provide some restitution to you for the inconvenience or maybe there is another place he can provide you to stay at til this place is finished, because there is no reason to let anyone move in somewhere if the place is not ready to move in, so hopefully you can get this solved and you can have your life back in order soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh