Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2011, 06:27 AM

4,599 posts, read 6,716,012 times

Advertisements

I tried Winghart's last week due to the recommendations in this thread. The burger was OK I guess, but my girlfriend and I got sick that same day after eating there. It might have been a fluke but I don't think I'll be back. I have yet to find a place that tops Burghers in Harmony.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2011, 07:03 AM

9,912 posts, read 24,645,588 times
The only thing wrong with Burgh'ers in Harmony for us is that they don't have a veggie burger. We went once, my burger was awesome. My girlfriend doesn't care much for portabella mushrooms and got the grilled cheese, which surprisingly wasn't that good to her. Unless I go by myself it's not an option at present. I'm sure the chef/owner would be like "Come on" as he's trying to present tasty options but that's just the reality for us. Winghart's is doing a falafel/portabella patty which is good and very popular, often sells out early.

For most everyone else, though, the only problem with Burgh'ers is that it's way out there. Worth the drive when you have some time though, I agree. Very good burgers and the rosemary fries are excellent.

I've got a feeling we're going to end up at BRGR in Cranberry regularly. It's even closer, and they have a falafel/lentil burger. The burger I had in the E. Liberty location was not bad. And the have hard shakes.

Old 07-06-2011, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg42 View Post
The only thing wrong with Burgh'ers in Harmony for us is that they don't have a veggie burger. We went once, my burger was awesome. My girlfriend doesn't care much for portabella mushrooms and got the grilled cheese, which surprisingly wasn't that good to her. Unless I go by myself it's not an option at present. I'm sure the chef/owner would be like "Come on" as he's trying to present tasty options but that's just the reality for us. Winghart's is doing a falafel/portabella patty which is good and very popular, often sells out early.

For most everyone else, though, the only problem with Burgh'ers is that it's way out there. Worth the drive when you have some time though, I agree. Very good burgers and the rosemary fries are excellent.

I've got a feeling we're going to end up at BRGR in Cranberry regularly. It's even closer, and they have a falafel/lentil burger. The burger I had in the E. Liberty location was not bad. And the have hard shakes.
I love me some damn falafel. What do you think is the best falafel in the city?

Old 07-06-2011, 07:18 AM

780 posts, read 1,384,002 times
Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlstreet View Post
I have to agree...the burger was good but on the dry side. The variety of specialty burgers is nice but I wasn't too impressed with the gimmicky "build a burger" thing you see everywhere these days. For the price, I'm not sure how often I'd go back.
Wasn't the "build a burger" thing what Fuddruckers was built on or is this just a new thing with the $15-$20 gourmet burgers?

Anyone been to Salt of the Earth?

Looking for some recommendations for a pleasant, romantic meal coming up in a couple weeks for our anniversary. Want to try one of the newer places.

We love Eleven, liked Pangea, been to Isabellas plus a ton of other places in town.

Salt, Elements and Spoon all look interesting.

Are the reviews for Girasole accurate? Saw many that said it is overly crowded and very loud on a weekend.

Old 07-06-2011, 07:27 AM

5,802 posts, read 9,890,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hempfield mania View Post
We love Eleven...
After all this time Eleven is still a spot no one in my circle has tried yet, and its been so talked about....Going to have to make an appointment for this place too...

Boy talking about all these places I need to try when I come home, I better find me a guess membership to a gym for the week.

Old 07-06-2011, 07:43 AM

780 posts, read 1,384,002 times
Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeauty212 View Post
After all this time Eleven is still a spot no one in my circle has tried yet, and its been so talked about....Going to have to make an appointment for this place too...

Boy talking about all these places I need to try when I come home, I better find me a guess membership to a gym for the week.
I don't think you'll be disappointed!

Old 07-06-2011, 08:06 AM

9,912 posts, read 24,645,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Teen Carl View Post
I love me some damn falafel. What do you think is the best falafel in the city?
I'm not really up on comparing it and where's the best. I'm guessing something like Salem's Grill way at the end of the Strip on Penn would be good. Have heard only positive things but still haven't been myself. Although it might actually be more interesting for something like goat curry and such since they're a full halal butcher.

Old 07-06-2011, 08:30 AM

472 posts, read 626,399 times
Re: Hempfield Mania
Girasoles is wonderful! (it does get super busy and crowded I always go on a weeknight) In the italian realm Picolo Forno is also great and BYOB waiting for your table accross the street at the Cantina is half the fun. Definately try salt of the earth! Also, for burgers I dunno if these were already mentioned but BRGR and Burgatory are both awesome. (brgr has an rooftop area, and awesome happy hour beer specials on delicious beers.)

Old 07-06-2011, 08:30 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,357,220 times
I'm partial to Kassab's falafel, but I don't know that I'd go as far as saying it's the best in the city.

Old 07-06-2011, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I'm partial to Kassab's falafel, but I don't know that I'd go as far as saying it's the best in the city.
Kassab's is pretty good. Best falafel I've ever had was from Turkish dudes in Paris.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh