Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 10:50 PM

250 posts, read 359,811 times

Advertisements

OK I guarantee that somebody will take this the wrong way but I am going to say it anyway.

No business should ever be forced to accept business with any other party. Sure, combating racism and sexism and ageism and lefthandism is great and all, but now everybody feels they are entitled to do business with anyone and on their terms and get absolutely indignant when something is not made available to them. It's not healthy for business or society as a whole.

And I would just like to reiterate that I love and respect people of all colors and creeds, I just love and respect ones who act like they're owed something for nothing a little less.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2011, 10:51 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
If it goes to court I suspect the owner will have to provide documented cases of very bad behavior by children in the restaurant as well as bad parenting during these episodes in order to justify the new rule.
Why?

Old 07-14-2011, 03:15 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,728,669 times
A lot of anger here, as the discussion continues I'd like to remind everybody to stay respectful and on topic.
Yac.

Old 07-14-2011, 03:23 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raubre View Post
That's going to be hard to prove. I also think he's going to lose a lot of business over this and end up closing shop within a year orr two.
I think the opposite, in fact. I think this place will draw a lot of business. Who knows...it may actually even be a marketing ploy.

Old 07-14-2011, 05:21 AM

9,150 posts, read 10,894,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuwaver88 View Post
I remember seeing on the news about a restaurant in Philly in the 1990s that had a sign on a door that read something like this....
"We aim to give great food at a reasonable price. If you like to bring your attitude in here and nit pick about every little thing, we would hope you go elsewhere. Our servers are very well trained, but are not perfect. If we do not like you, you will be asked to leave." People commented that they did not like the sign. Their response was "We don't care!" Go somewhere else"
Was that Carmen's Country Kitchen?

Old 07-14-2011, 06:24 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,662,429 times
There are many places that young kids are not allowed to go so I don't see this as a big deal at all. Everyone is simply taking this moment to highlight some of their bad experiences in restraunts where some unruly kids made the moment less than memorable. I get that. we have all been there.

To be honest I can't remember the last time we were eating out and I noticed an unruly kid (other than my own)!? Everyone who has ever had a kid, has had an unruly kid at one time or another.. that's just kids regardless of the parents. We can all spot kids that need better parenting, those are the ones that are RUNNING around their table or RUNNING around the restaraunt, not the ones crying because mom is making them clean their plates...

Old 07-14-2011, 01:32 PM

6,342 posts, read 11,089,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Why?
Just in case someone comes up with a cockeyed reason for justifying the bad behavior of the kids in the restaurant and that evidence is submitted to the court during a trial.

However, based upon what I know, even if someone tries to sue over this, I doubt it would even get to trial. There is no law on the books that I know about that requires a private business to serve or sell a product to anyone under the legal age.

Old 07-14-2011, 02:03 PM

1,758 posts, read 4,231,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
Was that Carmen's Country Kitchen?
Yes. Their motto is "we put the c*** back into country. They serve large portions and great food.

Old 07-14-2011, 02:10 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,894,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuwaver88 View Post
Yes. Their motto is "we put the c*** back into country. They serve large portions and great food.
I LOVE CARMAN'S. Carman's Country Kitchen - Italian Market/Bella Vista/Southwark - Philadelphia | Urbanspoon

Old 07-14-2011, 04:15 PM

1,164 posts, read 2,059,342 times
If the restaurant/bar (I assume they serve alcohol) allowed smoking, then they'd be required by state law to prohibit everyone under 18 (or is it 21). Some states don't even allow anyone under age to sit in the bar areas of restaurants. So what's the problem?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh