Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 08:28 PM

1 posts, read 4,021 times

Advertisements

Folks this is my first post on this forum, actually on any forum. I stumbled upon this site while using most of the free time that my busy schedule allows. Reading the conversation, however somewhat outdated, compelled me to register and add my 2 cents.

All of the Yaw "children" are doing very well. I add the "" because they are becoming adults at an alarming rate. Amongst the 10, there is a phenomenal professor, government worker, compassionate nurse, deli worker, soldier, and multiple students at the high school and college level (and some great basketball players too). Their bond is tighter than ever, and while entire family reunions are rare, they are looked forward to every year. Yaws are coming from NY, PA, MD, NC and overseas for the festivities.

I hope this puts some of the questions to rest. If you have anything personal you want to ask, I don't have a problem answering. Please just leave a message with a full name and a contact option.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2012, 10:06 PM

2 posts, read 7,777 times
Default Yaw children

I am glad to know the children are doing all right. It is a strange story. I remembered reading or hearing about it in the news when it happened. It went outof my mind until I was doing some research on the good Dr. to decide if I would have him do my surgery or someone else. That's when I started reading about the case. I found this forum through Google.
I did as much research as I could but could not find out what happened to the criminal case. The grand jury produced an indictment, but has it gone to trial? How can Dr. Yaw still have a license to practice medicine. BTW, he no longer lives in Las Cruces where the abuse of the children took place. Anyone know what happened to the charges?

Old 06-14-2012, 07:19 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times
No clue. I found the most information from the 500+ posts in the comments section of a [domain blocked due to spam] article. There were updates for a few years but none for a year now. Just google "Kenneth Yaw [domain blocked due to spam]" and you'll find an interesting read in the 30 pages of comments.

Old 06-14-2012, 04:50 PM

2 posts, read 7,777 times
Thanks.

Old 08-09-2013, 01:16 PM

1 posts, read 3,531 times
Default Albuquerque, NM

Dr Yaw is now employed by the VA hospital in Albuquerque, NM. He has 4 year old twin boys. I wish I had found this info before he did a hip replacement on my spouse. We have filed charges against the VA & Dr Yaw.
Something major went wrong. His attitude was " I did nothing wrong"! My wrong for trusting the VA to hire decent doctors.

Old 08-09-2013, 05:09 PM

1,326 posts, read 2,007,284 times
How does someone like that keep their medical license? I've seen medical licenses be lost for less, albeit in a different state.

Old 08-10-2013, 08:34 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times
I'm glad this thread keeps getting updates every now and then. I appreciate the updates everyone provides.

I'm glad to hear the children are doing well. It sounds like they were never forced to go back to live with him.

I hope his new children are okay. It's sort of sick that had more children.

I just can't wrap my mind around how anyone can get away with such a terrible crime.

What ever happened to the criminal charges?

Old 01-23-2024, 09:11 AM

1 posts, read 337 times
Well, I stumbled on to this recently.

I live here in Albuquerque and have been a regular at the Albuquerque VA. I read most of the postings here on Dr Yaw. I will state for the record here is I am in no way a supporter of Child Abuse.

Be that as it may, Dr Yaw replaced both my hips over a 6 month period 4 years ago and in addition, 2 arthroscopic on both knees along with an elbow surgery. I still have regular checks with him

I will say that because of this, my quality of life is 100% and I am very thankful to the man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh