Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-03-2011, 09:58 AM
 
43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times
Reputation: 30721

Advertisements

I'm curious if anyone knows the conclusion, if there was one. The story just disappeared over the years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-03-2011, 10:04 AM
 
472 posts, read 626,399 times
Reputation: 231
UGHHHH that story is sad. I went to church etc with the family years ago. I never heard what the conclusion was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2011, 10:13 AM
gg
 
Location: Pittsburgh
26,137 posts, read 25,957,812 times
Reputation: 17378
My little study shows me that what I thought would happen did indeed happen. On my profile I have always had "Pittsburgh" and I changed it to Fox Chapel a couple of days ago. Why would I put, "Pittsburgh", if I am actually living in Fox Chapel? For obvious reasons that came true.

The study was interesting. It is amazing how people react when they feel a person is from somewhere they feel is elitist and all of a sudden they want to put them in their place. "Is FC safe"? What about that crime that happened in '08 in FC? Some nutty doctor mistreated his children. What happened to him.

So predictable. Not to worry, my profile is back to Pittsburgh. You can relax now. I didn't think the reaction would be as fast as it did, but I knew it would come along. It is extremely funny though and I get a kick out of it. Funny how prejudicial people really are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2011, 10:22 AM
 
472 posts, read 626,399 times
Reputation: 231
I actually would like to know what happened to him and more about the story if anyone knows. It was really sad to see that family go through all that they went through.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2011, 10:22 AM
 
20 posts, read 36,958 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
My little study shows me that what I thought would happen did indeed happen. On my profile I have always had "Pittsburgh" and I changed it to Fox Chapel a couple of days ago. Why would I put, "Pittsburgh", if I am actually living in Fox Chapel? For obvious reasons that came true.

The study was interesting. It is amazing how people react when they feel a person is from somewhere they feel is elitist and all of a sudden they want to put them in their place. "Is FC safe"? What about that crime that happened in '08 in FC? Some nutty doctor mistreated his children. What happened to him.

So predictable. Not to worry, my profile is back to Pittsburgh. You can relax now. I didn't think the reaction would be as fast as it did, but I knew it would come along. It is extremely funny though and I get a kick out of it. Funny how prejudicial people really are.
I wonder why they would think that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2011, 10:24 AM
 
43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times
Reputation: 30721
What's your rant, Curtis? Are you forgetting that I'm from Fox Chapel too?

Geeze, sometimes you don't make any sense. Do you really believe this thread was created specifically for you? LMAO!

This thread has nothing to do with the safety of Fox Chapel since the 2008 crime happened in New Mexico. Since the family had strong roots in Fox Chapel, many people who live in Fox Chapel know more details about the story that the average American. There was a strong fundraising effort by Fox Chapel residents.

This is a terribly sad story that I have been following this story since 2008. I check the news a few times a year to see if there are updates. Much background information can be glimpsed from the comments sections of the newspaper article----many of whom are Fox Chapel residents. I decided to post a thread here in hopes that some of them stumble upon this thread because I know they continue to follow this story today too.

(btw, it has never been a secret that you live in Fox Chapel so I don't see how your little study concluded anything relevant.)

.

Last edited by Hopes; 08-03-2011 at 10:43 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2011, 10:26 AM
 
5,894 posts, read 6,879,034 times
Reputation: 4107
I think a question specific to this case would be more along the lines that they guy was a doctor and appeared to be an upstanding citizen in his community, yet was found to be abusing his children, hence an anomoly which might peak someone's curiosity about the case rather than specifically where he was from specifically.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2011, 10:29 AM
 
43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times
Reputation: 30721
Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyfeast View Post
I actually would like to know what happened to him and more about the story if anyone knows. It was really sad to see that family go through all that they went through.
I remember reading that the girls were sent to live with a relative in NY (a relative of his late wife?), and subsequently Yaw was fighting custody to have them transferred to live with a different relative (in Ohio perhaps?). So, I'm wondering about that aspect of the story in addition to the criminal charges part of the story.

As for the child abuse case, I think I just saw there are some documents online from January or February of this year, but I haven't had time to find the rulings just yet. I decided to post here first to see if anyone knew anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2011, 10:34 AM
 
43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times
Reputation: 30721
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKyank View Post
I think a question specific to this case would be more along the lines that they guy was a doctor and appeared to be an upstanding citizen in his community, yet was found to be abusing his children, hence an anomoly which might peak someone's curiosity about the case rather than specifically where he was from specifically.
Well, the other thing that peaks curiousity is the big change that occurred after the mother died and he remarried. By all accounts, they were the perfect family prior to the mother dying. Suddenly he remarries and his children are pulled from Fox Chapel schools, eventually isolated from society via homeschooling, then living the family garage in NM for punishments, and sent to live in a trailer park by themselves. It has more to do with the shocking nature of the entire story. So sad. The financial aspect has to do with that people posting online feared he would be able to weasle out of being legally held accountable for what happened---buy himself out of it. And hoping that the children end up living happy lives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2011, 04:36 PM
gg
 
Location: Pittsburgh
26,137 posts, read 25,957,812 times
Reputation: 17378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
What's your rant, Curtis? Are you forgetting that I'm from Fox Chapel too?
.
Fox Chapel isn't O'Hara.

FC is never talked about in such ways until I changed my location and all of a sudden it changed to, "lets go after FC". Come on, it was obvious. I put Pittsburgh on there for that reason. The prejudice is so heavy against people who live in FC. I usually tell people I am from Aspinwall. I just don't need that hassle from 90% of people I meet. Not worth it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top