U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2011, 08:10 AM

1,044 posts, read 2,165,255 times

Advertisements

I don't use Craigslist too often. I tend to do most of my stuff on Ebay.

I have noticed in recent years many people in this world no longer know how to spell, proofread, or use grammar correctly. Must be the reason why so many schools are being closed down. LOL!

These type of ads prove the theory.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2011, 08:12 AM

17 posts, read 32,175 times
Craigslist is a cesspool. Craigslist used to be a good place to advertise. I used it for years to advertise my mattress business. Now it has been taken over by scammers and Craigslist won't do anything about it. I had a competitor post over 300 ads that were complete lies against my store. I notified craigs with links to the ads numerous times and got absolutely no response. That guy's ads actually read a lot like your example.

Old 08-05-2011, 08:45 AM

29,227 posts, read 33,195,038 times
The Craigslist Rants and Raves section will make you despair for humanity. I used to read it fairly often, but it's a masochistic exercise.

Old 08-05-2011, 01:34 PM

1,158 posts, read 1,823,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvan View Post
This is who posted that. CASH NO BULL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^^^^ That's hilarious! And I gave you a rep point for that too!
I saw an ad on Craig'slist real estate a few years ago that the buyer was selling the house "as is" He emphasized in the ad that he would not tolerate any " tire kickers" either.

I'm sorry, but when someone is plunking down thousands of dollars to purchase something, you better expect the buyer to examine everything and leave no stone unturned. I am willing to bet he either:
a.)never sold it ...or

b.)he got way under what his asking price was!

Old 08-05-2011, 02:31 PM

995 posts, read 1,090,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
The Craigslist Rants and Raves section will make you despair for humanity. I used to read it fairly often, but it's a masochistic exercise.
In the olden days when Craigslist first began, it was a good tool. Then it got to be good reading for giggles, but now I don't go there.
The internet itself makes me despair.

Old 08-06-2011, 10:44 AM

1,950 posts, read 3,460,994 times
Quote:
Can this board agree? If you are trying to sell something or rent out an apartment at least attempt to spell things correctly... Really just makes me question your credibility... If I have a land lord that can't spell the name of the town his property is in....I don't want him as a landlord.

2 bed in regan squre (http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/apa/2530767058.html - broken link)
Especially since some of the postings are scams that originate from other countries (ex.Nigeria). I've seen some of the same housing posts (identical pictures/descriptions!) in multiple cities on craigslist. I'm always wary of posts w/ poor English.

Old 08-06-2011, 10:45 AM

1,950 posts, read 3,460,994 times
Quote:
This is who posted that. CASH NO BULL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hilarious!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh