Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2008, 03:00 PM

2,902 posts, read 10,070,295 times

Advertisements

Here is a tidbit about the extremely exciting and "green" development Riverparc. There are currently no plans to downgrade or downscale the project, however, development was meant to start this summer but has been delayed until 2009. No other changes are currently planned.

Quote:
One of them is RiverParc, the residential and arts neighborhood proposed for Downtown by the Pittsburgh Cultural Trust and Concord Eastridge of Washington, D.C. The $460 million development calls for more than 700 residential units between 7th and 9th streets, and between Penn Avenue and Fort Duquesne Boulevard, along with retail, restaurants, leisure and hotel facilities. It was scheduled to begin last summer; the start date has been pushed back to 2009.

"It's an opportune time to exhibit this collaborative work in Pittsburgh," said Raymund Ryan, the museum's curator of architecture and organizer of the Pittsburgh installation, "both because of potential for Pittsburgh of the RiverParc proposal and because Behnisch and Transsolar are at the forefront, internationally, of excellence in sustainable environmental design."
Green projects form museum exhibition
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2008, 06:40 PM

160 posts, read 164,572 times
thanks for that........another great place for me to open a spa and a boutique.

Old 02-22-2008, 06:43 PM

2,902 posts, read 10,070,295 times
Quote:
thanks for that........another great place for me to open a spa and a boutique.
Actually, you're probably right!! I thought you were going to AZ now NYSTYLE??

Old 02-22-2008, 07:28 PM

be in Pittsburgh investing in some properties and opening a business and like o buy another property in Scotty mor of a retirement or winter home.

Old 02-22-2008, 10:04 PM

2,245 posts, read 7,192,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guylocke View Post
New houses soon to be mixed in with the old houses in Lawrenceville, in true Pittsburgh fashion. (Does this surprise anyone?)
I think we should bulldoze the entire old city of Allegheny (forget about the 160 year old rows and mansions), pave over the victorian rows of South Side, and flatten out the density of Lawrenceville by removing every other block of rowhouses. After we've removed anything historical from the city of Pittsburgh, we should invest in plastic housing projects and give it a good sense of sprawl. I mean, who needs old stuff anyway? It's just collecting dust; why shouldn't we get rid of the irreplaceable so we can fill it in with modern junk?

Old 02-22-2008, 10:12 PM

Donald Trumps Private Helicopter just landed..........Trump City, Pittburgh, Pa

Old 02-22-2008, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSTYLE View Post
Donald Trumps Private Helicopter just landed..........Trump City, Pittburgh, Pa

Old 02-22-2008, 11:17 PM

I just looked at Trump.com Welcome to the Trump Organization he does not have any future projects in Pittsburgh........... He was going to build in Phoenix, Az a few years ago and had some major issues because he wanted the tallest building and it was never approved. I was hoping it would have been. I would LOVE to have a Spa/Boutique in one of his buildings.

Old 02-22-2008, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSTYLE View Post
I just looked at Trump.com Welcome to the Trump Organization he does not have any future projects in Pittsburgh........... He was going to build in Phoenix, Az a few years ago and had some major issues because he wanted the tallest building and it was never approved. I was hoping it would have been. I would LOVE to have a Spa/Boutique in one of his buildings.
Still don't know what that meant.

Old 02-22-2008, 11:22 PM

I like to see Donald Trump build some Luxury housing, Shops and Restaurants and add to the Pittsburgh Skyline. OHHHHHH a country club toooooooo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh