Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 04:58 AM

20,273 posts, read 33,014,869 times

Advertisements

Here's the article:

Bar, lounge planned near Consol

Quote:
As currently envisioned, 10 market-rate loft apartments would be built above the sports bar. The rooftop lounge would be as much as 3,500 to 4,500 square feet in size. Part of the lounge might be enclosed so it could be used almost year round. . . . The group hopes to market the apartments to students from nearby Duquesne University and young professionals. It believes the market will be strong given the general demand for apartments in the Downtown area.
Here is the location:

consol arena - Google Maps
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2011, 05:44 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,520,768 times
its about time. with Duquesne and Consol there, there is no reason that area shouldn't be developing with some restaurants and retail

Old 09-16-2011, 06:11 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,973,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForYourLungsOnly View Post
its about time. with Duquesne and Consol there, there is no reason that area shouldn't be developing with some restaurants and retail
It just struck me as funny, your handle is "foryourlungsonly", and you are posting on a Consol thread. Just looks funny. Consol is always in hot water over polluting about everything in sight.

Old 09-16-2011, 06:40 AM

Another form of pollution is posting blatantly off topic comments in threads.

Old 09-16-2011, 08:41 AM

675 posts, read 2,098,296 times
This is such great news! I have been anxiously awaiting the inevitable redevelopment of this area, especially this block in particular!

Not to be a Debby Downer, but I do have to say that I was extremely disappointed when Duquesne slapped stucco all over the facade of that building on the corner. Now the two buildings on the most prominent corner in front of our new arena look like 60s poop. Oh well, at least there is still hope for the rest of the buildings on this block. Can't wait to see how this turns out.

P.S. Do you think the owner of the uniform shop will re-do the building he is keeping in the deal to upgrade the facade, or do you think he will keep it all 50s blue-collar-back-alley-like?

Old 09-16-2011, 08:47 AM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTH View Post
Another form of pollution is posting blatantly off topic comments in threads.
So what? Do you want me to alert you to all your off topic posts? I assure you there are many. Most threads move around a bit. Take a chill pill, goodness. Just found it funny. Sorry to interrupt your raw-raw everything campaign.

Old 09-16-2011, 08:50 AM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallacus View Post
Not to be a Debby Downer, but I do have to say that I was extremely disappointed when Duquesne slapped stucco all over the facade of that building on the corner.
I clicked on your link and saw one building with stucco that I thought was kind of modern and cool, but the one on the corner has scaffolding. Did they do the same thing to that one?

Old 09-16-2011, 09:20 AM

Quote:
P.S. Do you think the owner of the uniform shop will re-do the building he is keeping in the deal to upgrade the facade, or do you think he will keep it all 50s blue-collar-back-alley-like?
I'd hope he would do some sort of facade improvement, particularly since he will likely have to make changes anyway as a result of the new project.

Old 09-16-2011, 10:55 AM

675 posts, read 2,098,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
I clicked on your link and saw one building with stucco that I thought was kind of modern and cool, but the one on the corner has scaffolding. Did they do the same thing to that one?
The one with the scaffolding was in the process of having ugly stucco applied to it when the Street View car snapped that picture. If you go there now, it's the hideous brown stucco that I lament.

Old 09-16-2011, 11:00 AM
gg

Quote:
The one with the scaffolding was in the process of having ugly stucco applied to it when the Street View car snapped that picture. If you go there now, it's the hideous brown stucco that I lament.
Oh. Well Duquesne isn't noted for being architecturally inclined, so what can you do? They own it, they do as they please. Ugly stucco it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh