Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2012, 04:37 PM

5,110 posts, read 7,137,361 times

Advertisements

that's some hyperbole.

as I said before, whatever happen happens, but it's not an odd group of schools in a bad marriage like the Big East.

But the hyperbole is ridiculous.

Old 05-20-2012, 05:21 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,456,897 times
cry, blog posts from guys named 'the dude' and 'cemetary hill' don't really have me worried.

they are wrong 90% of the time..see--> WVU to the SEc is a done deal (3 different times)

here is a quote from TEXAS site, who would know better than anyone..from TODAY

"
And even though there are blogs and Tweets saying the Age of the Superconferences are here with the Big 12 going to 12, 14 or 16 teams and that Florida State and Clemson are already in with Virginia Tech on deck and Notre Dame already sending along change of address cards, none of it is true.

In short, anyone saying Notre Dame, Florida State or Clemson are done deals are talking to people with wishful thinking or relying on second or third-hand information from people with wishful thinking.
"

Old 05-20-2012, 06:16 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,871,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by safak View Post
cry, blog posts from guys named 'the dude' and 'cemetary hill' don't really have me worried.

they are wrong 90% of the time..see--> WVU to the SEc is a done deal (3 different times)

here is a quote from TEXAS site, who would know better than anyone..from TODAY

"
And even though there are blogs and Tweets saying the Age of the Superconferences are here with the Big 12 going to 12, 14 or 16 teams and that Florida State and Clemson are already in with Virginia Tech on deck and Notre Dame already sending along change of address cards, none of it is true.

In short, anyone saying Notre Dame, Florida State or Clemson are done deals are talking to people with wishful thinking or relying on second or third-hand information from people with wishful thinking.
"
Actually both blogs are respectable and held in very high regard. This is the end of the ACC. You will exist as a conference, sure, but you will be irrelevant. Everything I said is supported, while you just spew your opinion, with no sources.

You can deny it all the way up to when it occurs. However, at some point you are going to have to accept the truth which is right in front of you.

Old 05-20-2012, 09:27 PM

2,290 posts, read 3,825,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
Actually both blogs are respectable and held in very high regard. This is the end of the ACC. You will exist as a conference, sure, but you will be irrelevant. Everything I said is supported, while you just spew your opinion, with no sources.

You can deny it all the way up to when it occurs. However, at some point you are going to have to accept the truth which is right in front of you.
Your cry of ACC collapse is wreaking havoc with this thread. At this point... these Clemson/FSU/etc rumors are nothing more than anonymous blogger chatter. No legitimate news source has released anything regarding these alleged developments.

Old 05-20-2012, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergrey View Post
Your cry of ACC collapse is wreaking havoc with this thread. At this point... these Clemson/FSU/etc rumors are nothing more than anonymous blogger chatter. No legitimate news source has released anything regarding these alleged developments.
Cry, no.

Merely state.

Funny how I was right about FSU earlier. We had this same conversation and you said how happy FSU was in the ACC. Give me a few more weeks and there will be no more debate, I will be right.

Evergrey I respect you, but you are letting your bias cloud your judgement. ACC is over in football. Everyone has accepted that. The conversation is no longer "Will the ACC get raided," but rather, "what teams will get out." Like I have been saying I hope Pitt gets out.

Old 05-21-2012, 12:20 PM

2,290 posts, read 3,825,377 times
ACC needs to roll out green carpet for Irish

Quote:
ACC needs to roll out green carpet for Irish

And, if you can get Notre Dame, then maybe there’s a chance Penn State would bolt from the Big Ten and could be more likely now more than ever before. The school might want to get a fresh start after the Jerry Sandusky disgrace, and the ACC will offer it a place to rehab with a collection of respected schools.

The conference would also allow Penn State to return to its roots of playing mostly an eastern schedule, and plenty of PSU fans have long wanted inclusion into the ACC.

Old 05-21-2012, 02:46 PM

7,112 posts, read 10,129,067 times
Penn State leaving the Big Ten for the ACC doesn't make sense. Penn State is a perfect fit in the B10 in terms of type of school and its athletic programs. PSU doesn't have that strong of a tradition playing Notre Dame and I don't see any improved benefit. Moving to the ACC won't remove the Sandusky scandal as it didn't involve the B10, just PSU. If anything, JoePa's passing helped remove some of it.

Old 05-21-2012, 03:00 PM

Location: Just East of the Southern Portion of the Western Part of PA
1,272 posts, read 3,706,370 times
This all comes down to money, folks. The Big Ten TV deal is still more than three million more per school then the ACC TV deal. Money is the driving factor, not geography or any kind of loyalty.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...th-new-tv-deal

Old 05-21-2012, 04:13 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,456,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny C View Post
This all comes down to money, folks. The Big Ten TV deal is still more than three million more per school then the ACC TV deal. Money is the driving factor, not geography or any kind of loyalty.

ACC Football: Conference Increases Money but Not Position with New ESPN TV Deal | Bleacher Report
Starting to feel like a broken record.

Big 12 didn't sign a new deal. you had bloggers and a couple big 12 shills reporting they were GOING to any day..but any day and then some has passed.

Explain to me, with that kind of money, why they wouldn't sign it? Don't give me the 'waiting for teams' because your blog reports all have clauses for new teams.

Old 05-21-2012, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathmanMathman View Post
Penn State leaving the Big Ten for the ACC doesn't make sense. Penn State is a perfect fit in the B10 in terms of type of school and its athletic programs. PSU doesn't have that strong of a tradition playing Notre Dame and I don't see any improved benefit. Moving to the ACC won't remove the Sandusky scandal as it didn't involve the B10, just PSU. If anything, JoePa's passing helped remove some of it.
I agree. It doesnt make any sense to leave the stable Big 10 for the unstable ACC, and receive a lot less money.

At the end of the day schools want to bail on the ACC because the grass is greener in the 4 superconferences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh