Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 08:37 AM

1,035 posts, read 1,554,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeinGlanzendMotorrad View Post
Go to Sam's Club. Buy 10lbs of chicken wings for $18. Get a deep frying pan, fill it with oil. Heat it until a few drops of water flicked at it sizzle and pop instantly.

Cook the wings in the oil for about 12 minutes, more or less depending on how crispy you want them. Take them out of the oil, season.

Save hundreds of dollars replacing a dozen bar trips with cooking at home.
I enjoy nothing about cooking, from the prep, to clean-up, I'll pass. For me, it's money well spent to get food from a restaurant. Personal preference, different strokes, for different folks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2011, 08:38 AM

472 posts, read 626,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raubre View Post
Many people work long hours and have kids to take care of. It's not an excuse.

Eating deep fried wings is eating much better?

haha! yea!

Or Mr. Motorcyle people don't care to cook or have any interest in cooking...cause cooking sucks..

Old 09-19-2011, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
Quaker Steak & Lube.
I said I'm not looking for the ones that are like what Quaker Steak & Lube serves.

Old 09-19-2011, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robrobrob View Post
Not sure what you mean about the brown paper bag. Do you want them seasoned but not no sauce. There is place in Cranberry that does them that way that my brother in law dragged us to. However, I forget the name of it.
Right, seasoned, no sauce. Basically the deep-fried kind that you would get commonly at a bar, with just the paprika dry rub on. I only referenced the brown paper bag because anytime I've picked them up on carry out, they're usually all just thrown into a paper bag and you can see the grease seeping through the bag. Mmm, so bad, but so good!

Old 09-19-2011, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Any pizza shop has wings nowadays. The Pennysaver advertises them all the time.

The only place I can maybe think of is Shiloh Grill?
Pennysaver is a good idea to find local pizza joints--thanks.

Old 09-19-2011, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvan View Post
Don' waste your money on a Deep Fryer that will make your entire house/apartment smell awful indefinately. Places w/ awesome wings ( I know nothing about Mt. Lebanon but here are city recs) South Side: Smokin' Joes, Fat Heads, Marios Strip: Beer Hive (they have a HONEY BACON SAUCE) Lawrenceville: New Amsterdam (Some good dry rubs especially Cajun) Shadyside: Capys (they have baked wings!) William Penn Tavern.
Ah hah, good suggestions. Thanks.

Old 09-19-2011, 08:47 AM

4,275 posts, read 7,629,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvan View Post
haha! yea!

Or Mr. Motorcyle people don't care to cook or have any interest in cooking...cause cooking sucks..
I actually don't mind cooking, if I have a whole day to do so, which is rare anymore.

Old 09-19-2011, 08:49 AM

472 posts, read 626,560 times
Quote:
I actually don't mind cooking, if I have a whole day to do so, which is rare anymore.

But I do!

Old 09-19-2011, 09:21 AM

57 posts, read 110,236 times
Okay, I know EXACTLY what kind of wings you like. Redbeard's bar and grill at the intersection of sycamore and shiloh st. They're really good and greasy. Pretty cheap too. 20 for $12.

The best wings i've ever eaten, however, is at Praha in Tarentum. They're legendary.

Old 09-19-2011, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjs65 View Post
Okay, I know EXACTLY what kind of wings you like. Redbeard's bar and grill at the intersection of sycamore and shiloh st. They're really good and greasy. Pretty cheap too. 20 for $12.

The best wings i've ever eaten, however, is at Praha in Tarentum. They're legendary.
I was wondering if Redbeard's had them. I'll definitely give that a shot. I've heard of the Praha in Tarentum. I grew up near Apollo and can name at least 5 places where I can get the wings I want!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh