Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 04:15 AM

20,273 posts, read 33,018,179 times

Advertisements

The commercial area in Monroeville is going through some sort of renaissance--I'm not entirely sure why but it seems like a good thing.

Anyway, I know a lot of non-religious people in Pittsburgh who have no problems. Generally Pittsburgh has a live and let live vibe, which I think may date back to when it was getting a lot of different immigrants, and that seems to apply to religion as well (those immigrants represented a lot of different sects, hence the high density of places of worship in certain older areas).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2011, 04:52 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrpriester View Post
Manners and common sense do not equal SW PA. I'm not exaggerating
Manners dont' equal the US, but Pittsburgh is better than most. I do think it is slowly getting worse however.

Old 09-28-2011, 04:55 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times
As far as the religion question: Like most things, if you don't force your views on others, you probably won't have any issues. Pittsburgh is a tolerant area that likes to make outsiders feel very much at home, but if you tell everyone you way is the only way, expect heavy resistance.

Old 09-28-2011, 10:27 AM

38 posts, read 59,585 times
Monroeville is more or less a melting pot around Pittsburgh. It has a mix of religion, races, nationalities and cultures. You also get a good location to get anywhere except right in Monroeville which is traffic trap, especially on weekends due to shopping/dinning crowd.
If it wasn't for Allegheny property taxes, I would move there.
Stay away from Pitcairn if you are looking for house/rental. It is part of Gateway school district so homes might be listed as Monroeville but is a complete dump... even smells like it.
Monroeville also has a good bit of rental places with reasonable rates. I would suggest renting before buying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh