Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 01:04 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,957,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I guess the point that I trying to make is that the people that look the least threatening are the ones that can do the most damage and vice versa. During the Columbine and Virginia tech shootings they were not threatening but look at the damage that they accomplished. Meanwhile two blacks with baggy pants scare the bejesus out of some little old lady just by standing waiting for the bus. I can relate to that as well as many other blackmen. I have stood on an elevator in a suit and a old white lady cowered away from and clutched her purse.....I mean like REALLY???? WTF! Did she think that I was going to snatch her purse in the elevator with a suit on?
These actions are just groomed into people from the media that will run the same story 10 times of a black man shooting someone in Homewood or whatever. That old lady watches each news cast and she thinks it just happened 10 times. It is very disheartening. If things are beaten into you long enough you become scared. Just look at military grooming. Have you ever had a conversation with a lifer in the military about Iraq? They think the earth would not even be here if they didn't invade that place. You cannot have a conversation with them about it. Hopeless.

Old 10-20-2011, 01:37 PM

4,599 posts, read 6,716,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
That in itself is garbage, since if you were to live in a depressed area for a period of time your views on many things that you were never exposed to would change. If you take someone from a country that starvation is the norm and take him to a grocery store. I bet that he would be amazed at the amount of food that we have just for pets.
This straw man response does not address what was quoted whatsoever....

Old 11-03-2011, 09:30 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,314,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Teen Carl View Post
This straw man response does not address what was quoted whatsoever....
It is just a matter of perspective

Old 11-04-2011, 12:38 AM

1,237 posts, read 1,948,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
Who the heck knows what happened?
Plainclothes officers rarely chase random African-American men and beat the crap out of them for no reason whatsoever. It's even rarer for them to do something like that and get away with it. Of course there's more to the story....but we'll never hear it.

Old 11-04-2011, 06:29 AM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sealtite View Post
Plainclothes officers rarely chase random African-American men and beat the crap out of them for no reason whatsoever. It's even rarer for them to do something like that and get away with it. Of course there's more to the story....but we'll never hear it.
Yeah we will never know what happened. It would seem the kid did something wrong at the start and it ended up with the police doing something excessive in retaliation. The police will get hung and the kid will get a pile of money. Of course the attorney will get the most.

Old 11-04-2011, 07:06 AM

4,684 posts, read 4,571,445 times
Quote:
Yeah we will never know what happened. It would seem the kid did something wrong at the start and it ended up with the police doing something excessive in retaliation. The police will get hung and the kid will get a pile of money. Of course the attorney will get the most.
At least one and preferably several senior officers should fall on their sword (nightstick?). There are cop-culture issues at stake here which can only be addressed from the top down. Rampart, anyone?

Old 11-04-2011, 07:40 AM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarian View Post
At least one and preferably several senior officers should fall on their sword (nightstick?).
Why? Do you have video? Where you there. Please tell. "cop culture"? What does that mean? All cops are bad and should all be in prison? Seems pretty prejudicial to me to categorize all police officers. Believe me, I wouldn't want to be a city cop. That is a tough job and they encounter guns ALL the time.

To convict anyone without proof is an old lynch mob mentality. I would hope we have grown past that, but maybe not?

Old 11-04-2011, 07:45 AM

4,684 posts, read 4,571,445 times
Quote:
Why?...I wouldn't want to be a city cop. That is a tough job and they encounter guns ALL the time.
I think I answered all your questions in an earlier post in this thread:

//www.city-data.com/forum/21282030-post22.html

Old 11-04-2011, 07:48 AM

4,599 posts, read 6,716,012 times
Quote:
Why? Do you have video? Where you there. Please tell. "cop culture"? What does that mean? All cops are bad and should all be in prison? Seems pretty prejudicial to me to categorize all police officers. Believe me, I wouldn't want to be a city cop. That is a tough job and they encounter guns ALL the time.

To convict anyone without proof is an old lynch mob mentality. I would hope we have grown past that, but maybe not?
I think his point is that someone should take some heat for this injustice but do the whole police culture of looking out for one another no one will. The "badge of secrecy" and "protecting your brothers" mentality exists from the top down and therefore no one is going to receive a slap on the wrist because they are protecting their own.

Old 11-04-2011, 07:56 AM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarian View Post
I think I answered all your questions in an earlier post in this thread:

//www.city-data.com/forum/21282030-post22.html
Not really. You are convicting without having proof. Yes, the kid was beaten and it indeed looks excessive, but how much did the kid fight back? He obviously did, but how much? Is he smart enough to pull off fighting back as much as he can to get that beating, knowing the payday is right ahead of him? I have no idea what people will do these days. McDonalds was sued for serving hot coffee and if memory serves the person that sued won! There are so many unanswered questions in this case I wouldn't know where to begin. Do I believe the kid was beaten too much? Yes, but I wouldn't go blindly into all this. I still believe a person is innocent until proven guilty, which is becoming more and more rare. Cops will probably get hung for this, but one has to wonder why the heck did this kid fight back. Cops don't just beat the crap out of someone for nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh