Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 06:58 PM

236 posts, read 595,268 times

Advertisements

Since I am moving soon, I have been furniture shopping around Pittsburgh, but much to my dismay, there are very limited furniture stores in Pittsburgh. There are so much more in the south. If anyone can help me out and let me know where there are some furniture stores in Pittsburgh where I can get a good bargain. I am looking for a bedroom set and I have checked out Levin, Macy's, Valu City Furniture, Ethan Allen and have no luck with a nice bedroom set.. Is there an outlet or warehouse that I don't know of?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2011, 08:47 PM

Anywhere? I am even willing to go to the outskirts of Western PA. Help,

Old 11-08-2011, 08:53 PM

3,343 posts, read 10,930,711 times
There are lots of places in the Boardman, Ohio area. I'm always a fan of Sheely's Furniture & Appliance - Ohio, Youngstown, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Akron, Canton, PA Furniture Store, Appliance Store

Old 11-08-2011, 09:47 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,886,387 times
Nationwide Mattress & Furniture Warehouse - Strip District, Pittsburgh, PA 15222 - (412) 281-4799 - Reviews | CitySquares

I've never been here, but I've seen it for years on Liberty Avenue in the Strip District.

Old 11-08-2011, 09:58 PM

9,912 posts, read 24,643,570 times
I can't tell what is the greater concern. It says bargain, but it says nice. Not always do these go together.

Some other multi-store operations in the area include Arhaus, Room Concepts, DFW Furniture, Today's Home, DFO which is an outlet clearance sort of place for Today's Home. I think Quality Furniture which is a Thomasville showroom has more than one shop. There's a shop on McKnight called Surroundings that I know nothing of. Neither of these last ones appear to have a web site. There's a place out in Beaver called A.K. Nahas, dunno what's in the furniture store. Their appliance shop repaired my dishwasher a couple years ago. Sheely's, as mentioned. I'm far enough north and west that I get their ads in the mailbox and have seen the truck a number of times.

Big chains Crate and Barrel and Pottery Barn have furniture, generally rather pricey I think?

And of course Ikea. Not the same as you are assembling this yourself, but sometimes the style works for a price that's pretty low compared to something from one of these other places.

I think there's still Nationwide Warehouse in the Strip. Ugh, I can't imagine, I think the sell stuff like scratch and dent hotel furniture, things like this. And really crappy mattresses.

Oh, and Cort has a shop on McKnight. You can get used furniture that was rented out.

And I know I still haven't gotten nearly all of them in the area. It's just that the smaller ones are pretty localized really. Plus some have closed, there was a furniture store at Beaver Valley Mall that closed, etc.

There may still be a clearance room at Macy's downtown? Or Century III? Dunno.

Old 11-09-2011, 07:22 AM

20,273 posts, read 33,001,421 times
I think the best deals on furniture are in our "antique" stores (which also tend to include a lot of relatively recent furniture). For the price of new, fairly crappy stuff, you can get some really beautiful, well-made stuff.

And of course for new stuff there is the Internet--prices with delivery even on bulky items like furniture can be very competitive.

Old 11-09-2011, 08:19 AM

747 posts, read 1,231,319 times
If you want nice furniture at a nice price you should check out the Macy's furniture outlet in Downtown Pittsburgh. If you want really nice furniture and if you are willing to wait, I would go to Perlora Furniture on the Southside. Browse around (its pricey) and asked to added to there mailing list. Once a year (mothers day) Perlora has an annual warehouse sale at the Perlora Leathers location in the Strip District. You can get very nice furniture at rock bottom prices.

I was in Crate and Barrel last weekend and it appears to be one step up from Pottery Barn. It is equal to Room and Board or West Elm.

Old 11-09-2011, 08:21 AM

9,150 posts, read 10,886,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins View Post
I was in Crate and Barrel last weekend and it appears to be one step up from Pottery Barn. It is equal to Room and Board or West Elm.
Room & Board makes much better stuff than any of the others. Oh, how I wish we had a Room & Board here.

Old 11-09-2011, 09:17 AM

3,131 posts, read 9,370,444 times
American Freight Liquidators on Rodi Road in Penn Hills. 380 Auction in Murrysville. It isn't an auction but used to be one 40 years ago.

Old 11-09-2011, 08:38 PM

Thanks for the suggestions
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh