Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 06:05 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,300,717 times

Advertisements

I will check them out when I am out that way.

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SorryIMovedBack View Post
Gander Mountain stores, maybe? Call and ask.

Washington Store (1.42) miles
1500 W. Chestnut Street
Washington, PA 15301
724-229-9800

West Mifflin Store (19.94) miles
4505 Century Drive
West Mifflin, PA 15122
412-653-7300

Moon Township Store (20.03) miles
2400 Market Place Blvd
Moon Township, PA 15108
412-494-9229

-----------------

Maybe the Sierra Trading Post catalog, too. Carhartt dealers would be my other suggestion, but that's heavyweight workwear, as someone already said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2011, 07:40 AM

9,912 posts, read 24,655,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
Also, with the online ordering, guess what, the colors are NOT true to the product; for example both the ones from LL Bean and Eddie Bauer's were 3 shades lighter online than what they actually were in person. So someone is playing with color correction too much, and end up not depicting the true color of these pants. I ordered the Cabela's because online they looked great, lighter wash etc, when they came they were VIOLET Blue, dark as can be...I was stunned.
This is pretty much impossible to get right. The graphics department or whoever is in charge of doing the online pics and color swatches will make it as accurate as they can, but they can't account for so many different computer systems and screen settings all of which can make it different from what they're seeing on their own screens. It's somewhat better now that most of us are using flat LCD screens which don't have too much to adjust, but it can still be an issue. Add in all the variations that blue denim jeans can have and yeah, I'm not that stunned, heh.

I can guess at least one reason why these aren't as popular here as in Europe: car-centric culture. We go from car to building with very little outside time, even more so in winter. I'm guessing Europeans are more likely to keep their same walking habits in winter. I know when I was in the Netherlands in winter we still needed to walk around plenty (no car). And it was COLD that winter, colder than some of the ones before it anyway.

Old 11-17-2011, 08:58 AM

1,519 posts, read 2,675,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg42 View Post
I can guess at least one reason why these aren't as popular here as in Europe: car-centric culture. We go from car to building with very little outside time, even more so in winter. I'm guessing Europeans are more likely to keep their same walking habits in winter. I know when I was in the Netherlands in winter we still needed to walk around plenty (no car). And it was COLD that winter, colder than some of the ones before it anyway.
Yeah, I was going to say that I don't think it's cold enough here for me to want to buy flannel lined jeans. I owned one pair once about 10 years ago (I found them really cheap at an outlet and decided to try them out) and found them to be too warm to wear much. I guess I'm used to using long johns when needed. That way I can take that layer off and not just change completely since the flannel lining was too hot for me to wear indoors. I do notice that I tend to be fine when my co-workers are complaining that the office is too cold, though, so maybe I just run a little warm.

Old 11-17-2011, 12:00 PM

995 posts, read 1,115,623 times
Don't know if any stores in Pittsburgh carry them, but I have a pair of Dickies flannel-lined jeans that are about 4-5 years old.
I wear them when I'm forced to shovel snow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh