Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 07:25 AM

1,437 posts, read 3,775,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyKhalifa View Post
Sorry all of you seasons-lovers, I just can't get behind the idea of actually LIKING the idea of not being about to go outside to do anything useful for a few months on end.
Who says you can't go outside? Bundle up and embrace the winter! I'm a runner, and I still run outside during the winter. Running in a light snowfall out in nature is actually quite enjoyable. The main thing I hate about winter months is not the cold but the short daylight hours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2011, 07:30 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,083,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q-tip motha View Post
Seems to me a lot of people from the south love the northern winters while the people up here despise them.
LOL there's some truth to this. I got married when I lived in southern California, and instead of honeymooning in Hawaii we chose New England in late fall. We'd been to Hawaii a bunch of times (it's not far when you live in L.A.) but the northeast to us was exotic.

Old 12-05-2011, 07:36 AM

4,599 posts, read 6,718,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugatu View Post
The main thing I hate about winter months is not the cold but the short daylight hours.
Yeah, I'm not a fan of that either. You go into work and it's dark and you leave work and it's dark. I was talking about looking for a job in Norway and people were like "it's always dark and cold there in the winters!". Wouldn't be that much of a shift from what we have here!

Old 12-05-2011, 07:38 AM

1,714 posts, read 2,358,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugatu View Post
Who says you can't go outside? Bundle up and embrace the winter! I'm a runner, and I still run outside during the winter. Running in a light snowfall out in nature is actually quite enjoyable. The main thing I hate about winter months is not the cold but the short daylight hours.
Well, that's part of it, right? Don't know how you can really separate that. It's part of Winter.

Old 12-05-2011, 07:40 AM

20,273 posts, read 33,014,869 times
Quote:
Sorry all of you seasons-lovers, I just can't get behind the idea of actually LIKING not being about to go outside to do anything useful for a few months on end.
Things like sledding, walking through a snow-covered woods, snowball fights, and so on might not be "useful", but I sure would miss them.

Old 12-05-2011, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTH View Post
Things like sledding, walking through a snow-covered woods, snowball fights, and so on might not be "useful", but I sure would miss them.
Haha, you can have them.

Old 12-05-2011, 09:31 AM

1,519 posts, read 2,675,088 times
Quote:
Sorry all of you seasons-lovers, I just can't get behind the idea of actually LIKING not being about to go outside to do anything useful for a few months on end.
See, I feel that way about the south. If it gets above 85 degrees and has any amount of humidity, I avoid outside. I walk in the winter outside all the time.

Old 12-05-2011, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinare View Post
See, I feel that way about the south. If it gets above 85 degrees and has any amount of humidity, I avoid outside. I walk in the winter outside all the time.
I don't know. I can see not liking the heat, but in the Winter everything's grey and wet and cold and dark and dead. It's dark when I go to work, and dark when I get home. Then there's always the added bonus that maybe the awesome weather has caused a wreck somewhere along the way. Or maybe the back stairs are covered with ice. Or maybe my windows will freeze over again. Yay!

Old 12-05-2011, 09:48 AM

29,744 posts, read 34,383,370 times
Quote:
I actually like this about winter. Spending a weekend indoors with pot of something tasty simmering on the stove, a stack of books/magazines, Netflix streaming library at the ready, curled up under a blanket. That's ideal.

Old 12-05-2011, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I actually like this about winter. Spending a weekend indoors with pot of something tasty simmering on the stove, a stack of books/magazines, Netflix streaming library at the ready, curled up under a blanket. That's ideal.

That's what I suspect. Most people DON'T like the Winter. They like feeling like they've conquered it while looking at it through the window.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh