Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 06:49 PM

632 posts, read 1,070,883 times

Advertisements

I cant deal with that Giant Eagle anymore. Any time of day.

Is there anything else close-by? I know there's a Whole Foods in Shadyside? Right? How is that Giant Eagle up there between Shadyside and East Liberty? I heard there's supposed to be an Aldis by the Goodwill as well by the Southside Works. Apparently its stalled though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2011, 07:14 PM

7,541 posts, read 10,257,754 times
There's a Shop n Save in North Baldwin off of Becks Run and Agnew as well as one on Brownsville near Nobles Lane in Carrick.

From Southside, the 2nd closest Giant Eagle is probably the Murray Bartlett store if your coming from near the South Side Works.

On the other side of Southside, its probably closer to go to Parkway Center.

Old 12-05-2011, 07:16 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,969,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrtrggr13 View Post
I cant deal with that Giant Eagle anymore. Any time of day.

Is there anything else close-by? I know there's a Whole Foods in Shadyside? Right? How is that Giant Eagle up there between Shadyside and East Liberty? I heard there's supposed to be an Aldis by the Goodwill as well by the Southside Works. Apparently its stalled though.
Go to Trader Joes and if you are off on a weekday, you can go to the Strip. I don't blame you for not liking Giant Eagle.

Old 12-06-2011, 04:47 AM

5,894 posts, read 6,881,186 times
While its not the closest, the waterfront & even west mifflin are pretty convenient to get to from the southside. One would think that an area like the southside wouldn't have such a disgusting grocery store.

Old 12-06-2011, 07:15 AM

4,275 posts, read 7,629,899 times
I don't care much for that GE either. The store itself is nice, but that one little area of South Side isn't that great. They get the Hill residents shopping there. Maybe when the new grocery store in The Hill opens, the area may be a bit nicer.

Old 12-06-2011, 07:21 AM

1,125 posts, read 2,348,090 times
That Giant Eagle is mediocre at best. The Best one in the city is the Market District in Shadyside, and also out that way would be the Trader Joes and Whole Foods in E. Liberty. It depends on rather or not you have a car because taking a large grocery shopping on a bus is a P.I.T.A

Old 12-06-2011, 07:46 AM

747 posts, read 1,231,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raubre View Post
I don't care much for that GE either. The store itself is nice, but that one little area of South Side isn't that great. They get the Hill residents shopping there. Maybe when the new grocery store in The Hill opens, the area may be a bit nicer.
And the Southside residents are so much better than the Hill residents

Old 12-06-2011, 08:33 AM

1,035 posts, read 1,554,510 times
There is the Foodland on Mt. Washington. I find it expensive though and the store is pretty tight. It's an alternative though...

Old 12-06-2011, 08:56 AM

4,275 posts, read 7,629,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins View Post
And the Southside residents are so much better than the Hill residents
If youn really want to know the answer is "yes." The South Side is generally a better neighborhod than The Hill. When The Hill residents come down to that shopping plaza and hang around at the bus stop, I don't feel that confortable being down there.

Where do you feel safer? South Side or The Hill? I rest my case.

Old 12-06-2011, 09:11 AM

747 posts, read 1,231,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raubre View Post
If youn really want to know the answer is "yes." The South Side is generally a better neighborhod than The Hill. When The Hill residents come down to that shopping plaza and hang around at the bus stop, I don't feel that confortable being down there.

Where do you feel safer? South Side or The Hill? I rest my case.

I have never felt unsafe in the Hill District nor the Southside. The Southside has some not so nice residents as well. I have been to that shopping center and did notice the different demographic on both sides. It did not scare me at all. What was so scary about the bus stop? Are they hanging out at the bus stop or waiting for the bus? What is so scary about that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh