Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 01:31 PM

472 posts, read 626,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINDCHIMES View Post
And even on a small scale, in families, in schools, etc...people who are the odd man out, for whatever reason are often" targets" ....people are basically evil and gang up on whoever they perceive to be the weakest link...and the rest of us either look the other way or join in...sad but true.

.... that's a crappy way of looking at life... sounds like your "the odd man out" in your family?

Old 12-08-2011, 01:44 PM

659 posts, read 1,145,599 times
The truth hurts...causes people to attack you...I knew that, not surprised for the comeback,) anyhow...anyone who is different in some way...are at risk, has always been this way and always will be...
I feel sorry for you irishvan...I honestly do. Feel better now?

Time to use that ignore button again! Lol!

Old 12-08-2011, 01:48 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,962,173 times
Quote:
The truth hurts...causes people to attack you...I knew that, not surprised for the comeback,) anyhow...anyone who is different in some way...are at risk, has always been this way and always will be...
Not really true in many cases. All depends on perspective. Some can turn being different, if there is such a thing these days, into an advantage. All that kind of thing comes from within. If you think negative, life is negative. As my mother always said, some are happiest in their own misery. Sure I complain about taxes and worry about this stupid reassessment, but overall, life is grand! Everyone is different, just some know how to be comfortable with themselves.

Old 12-08-2011, 01:53 PM

Yes curtis...your so correct! And people do often make lemonade out of lemons and should! I made a wonderful life for myself, but it took work, persistence and some luck too...so glad you brought this up...and that is what makes people strong in life, realizing you and you alone are responsible for your own happiness

Yes, misery loves misery but often people are not responiable for their bad beginnings in life, however they can make an happy ending, they just have to work harder than some others, but in that hard work, comes appreciation!

Old 12-08-2011, 01:56 PM

Quote:

Time to use that ignore button again! Lol!

Wait....What? haha... I don't even know how to respond....

Nothing that you said is the "truth" my post wasn't an attack... and there's no reason for you to concern yourself with me by "feeling sorry for me" I think you should take a little more care of yourself.

Old 12-08-2011, 02:03 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,962,173 times
Quote:
Yes curtis...your so correct! And people do often make lemonade out of lemons and should! I made a wonderful life for myself, but it took work, persistence and some luck too...so glad you brought this up...and that is what makes people strong in life, realizing you and you alone are responsible for your own happiness

Yes, misery loves misery but often people are not responiable for their bad beginnings in life, however they can make an happy ending, they just have to work harder than some others, but in that hard work, comes appreciation!
I often envy those that have a very tough childhood. They would expect less and be happy with less. Those of us with privileged childhoods have a very high bar. Not always easy to obtain such a level. Like I said, best to turn the negatives into positives. Some are happy to be alive for the day. Never know when the big C will come and get you. We all know people that went down from cancer. Best to seize the day.

Old 12-08-2011, 02:07 PM

Very very true curtis...everyday is a gift...as the song goes, live as if you were dying.

Old 12-08-2011, 02:20 PM

awesome song

Old 12-08-2011, 02:21 PM

20,273 posts, read 33,007,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
I hope this forum has been blasted into the internet graveyard if he ever really does run for office. Today's aspersion verges on genocide.
No kidding. The little old ladies might beat him out of town with their babushkas (and now watch this concept get abused).

Old 12-08-2011, 04:01 PM

2,420 posts, read 4,711,329 times
While Polish Hill is a wonderful place to live, it would actually be livable (see how I contradict myself all the time?) without all the babushkas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh