Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 10:16 AM

4,599 posts, read 6,682,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
The best example of this are pharmaceutical reps. Sit in a doctor's office for any length of time and and it is very obvious when a phamaceutical rep walks in the door. I was waiting in a doctor's office recently when a second rep walked in. She and the rep who was already waiting to see a doctor struck up a conversation. The first comment was, "So who do you work for?" The ones I see are almost always 22-34, white, attractive, and don't shop for clothes at Wal-Mart.
Dude I know. It's always a white lady who is still in their "prime" slanging drugs with an ear to ear smile. I spent a lot of time in doctor's offices last year and it was pretty much that same stereotype each time.

Old 12-09-2011, 10:16 AM

29,625 posts, read 34,077,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WINDCHIMES View Post
Rashan, that may be true, but it is also right to trash white people now because they are the new target for the population to discriminate against, becoming more and more a issue, its a fact btw SO i guess you are happy about that? Shows me alot here, yup...hate goes both directions i see.
How are white people being discriminated against, exactly? As a white person, I know that there is privilege being of the majority culture, and it's not automatically discrimination when that privilege gets questioned.

Old 12-09-2011, 10:21 AM

659 posts, read 1,140,719 times
It was on sixty mintues last year, White men are being discrimianted against and it will get to the point tha social scientists are worried that they will become violent and it will be a reverse of what we had once, in my book two wrongs don't make a right, why does this not bother people? Why would some call it racist? its not racist, its a fact..I study social issues and this one really fascinates me, cause I see alot of people who just rather not talk bout it, but its fact, its happening and its going to get alot worse in the next 20 years or so, so i guess this is ok to some people? pay back maybe? well how chrisitan of you who think so, at least they who say they are christian on one hand and yet sprout reverse racism on the other...just my opinion for what its worth here, i know, probably not much.

Old 12-09-2011, 10:22 AM

747 posts, read 1,225,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Teen Carl View Post
Well the thing is people are agreeing with you, this Panera discrimination is not right.

But you should also realize that whites are discriminated against too, and that is not right either. Perpetuating the myth that whites do not get discriminated against make you the one that's holding people down.
That is a crock! Now white people, white men in particular are the new face of racism? Blame the victim syndrome at its best. That is right up there with Newt Gingrich's assumption that poor inner city kids have no role models and do not see or know how to work unless it illegal. Really? A small fraction of innercity youth take part in illegal activites. Most inner city kids have one or more parents that work. Has he ever heard of the working poor? I live in the inner city and ALL of my neighbors work.

Old 12-09-2011, 10:25 AM

893 posts, read 1,317,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WINDCHIMES View Post
Rashan, that may be true, but it is also right to trash white people now because they are the new target for the population to discriminate against, becoming more and more a issue, its a fact btw SO i guess you are happy about that? Shows me alot here, yup...hate goes both directions i see.
No hate doesn't go both ways if I would have never read this article on wpxi or better yet it it NEVER HAPPENED, my opinion towards whites discriminating people of color would be different. But this is not the only allegation of discrimination that has occurred in Pittsburgh, better yet the country.The thing of the matter is whites have had the upper in our country from the beginning of time. Blacks, and people of color have been discriminated against for as long as we can remember. NO not all whites are wrong and No not all blacks, people of color are UNDER qualified. The sad thing of it is people who think like Aqua Teen Carl & scottrpriester ultimately keep our country and society from growing. Racism is still prevalent in our society and it just so happens that Pittsburgh is one of the top 3.

Old 12-09-2011, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins View Post
That is a crock! Now white people, white men in particular are the new face of racism? Blame the victim syndrome at its best. That is right up there with Newt Gingrich's assumption that poor inner city kids have no role models and do not see or know how to work unless it illegal. Really? A small fraction of innercity youth take part in illegal activites. Most inner city kids have one or more parents that work. Has he ever heard of the working poor? I live in the inner city and ALL of my neighbors work.
If you honestly believe there is no form of white discrimination or racism you are either completely out of touch or a bigot.

Old 12-09-2011, 10:28 AM

659 posts, read 1,140,719 times
Amen to that

Old 12-09-2011, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashan5 View Post
Racism is still prevalent in our society
Indeed, it starts with bigots like you who hate whites. Way to flip it around when you are called out on your shit and point the finger in the other direction.

Old 12-09-2011, 10:35 AM

893 posts, read 1,317,807 times
How did this turn into a "we hate whites thread" remember this is about Parena Bread discriminating against blacks being at the forefront of the company. Aqua Teen Carl wake up it isn't about you this is much bigger that YOU!

Old 12-09-2011, 10:35 AM

43,011 posts, read 107,590,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Teen Carl View Post
Indeed, it starts with bigots like you who hate whites. Way to flip it around when you are called out on your shit and point the finger in the other direction.
My goodness. We will never get anywhere as a society with your mentality ATC. I understand your passion for the topic of reserve descrimination. But your delivery isn't helping to promote your message in a positive manner. Anyone who sees both sides will quickly separate themselves from you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh