Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who do you think Pghers like more and would vote for?
RON PAUL, we need some serious real change! 11 26.83%
Mitt Romney, I think he represents us well and I will vote for him! 4 9.76%
I am voting for my dog or just will not vote! 4 9.76%
I am afraid I will have to vote for Obama again! 22 53.66%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 08:59 PM

20,273 posts, read 33,014,869 times

Advertisements

Obama has done reasonably well under very difficult circumstances, and I will have no problem supporting him again. Of course I am generally inclined to favor centrist, pragmatic sorts like Obama. Romney would probably want to be similar if given complete freedom of action, but he may feel compelled to continue to cater to extremists.

Anyway, obviously this poll was designed to push a particular candidate, but I still find it interesting that it omitted Gingrich, who all the polling suggests is in fact the frontrunner for the Republican nomination, by a considerable margin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2011, 09:03 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,040,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKrab View Post
anyways, there is a crazy political forum on this site for these threads. And I aint jokin! It is full of crazies!
But this is about PITTSBURGH and how PITTSBURGHERS will vote!

Old 12-13-2011, 09:13 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,858,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WINDCHIMES View Post
that is very understandable...I believe libertarians are very gay friendly and believe that all people have rights, and also believe that less government also helps people, If i were gay, I vote for him too..I used to be a republican, I have some conservative values however I do believe that everyone has a right to live their life the way they see fit, as long as it does no harm to anyone else, and I also believe we need to have more rights restored and more freedom too, we are losing that, very very fast, thanks for you post.

And thank you Escalide18 too, I appreciate your post too!
His stance on Gay issues is my biggest issue with Ron Paul, he isn't too gay friendly. Most of the Repubs want DADT reinstated which would immediately turn me away.

Obama has done more for gay rights than ALL previous presidents combined.

While I wouldn't mind Ron Paul as Prez. I think people would be schocked at how high the unemployment would rise under him. He won't use government to stimulate the economy which would be hard on the economy. His reduction in the size of gov would alone adversely affect the employment rates.

I agree we need to rid ourselves of the Fed but also know it will come with some pain. people will not expect the impact he will have on the economy and it won't be a good one in the short run.

Old 12-13-2011, 09:15 PM

6,327 posts, read 9,153,428 times
Isn't there already a politics forum? Anyway this is a rather biased thread in terms of choices but I'd vote for Obama again. I don't see any of the GOP candidates as honest besides Ron Paul who is someone I may disagree with but I respect him for sticking to his opinions no matter what he gets for them.

Old 12-13-2011, 09:28 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,608,316 times
I personally wish the Republican Party (generally speaking, of course) would back off the whole "gay" thing. Homosexuals have been around for centuries. Many other species also have documented portions of their populations that are same-sex-oriented. Do I like being gay? Of course not. I cry quite a bit knowing I won't be able to give my parents the grandchildren they've wanted for years. I am what I am through no plausible fault of my own, yet I'm vilified by social conservatives who blame us for societal ills. Why? I don't even live up to the stereotypes, and if it wasn't for Facebook most people wouldn't suspect me of not being straight.

Like it or not the majority of people in this country are trending towards greater tolerance and acceptance of people who have alternative sexual orientations. I won't consciously vote for any candidate (of EITHER major party) who seeks to diminish my dream of being viewed as an equal to heterosexuals someday. If the GOP wants to attract a greater base of voters who are younger and educated, then they must cease their gay "witch hunt".

P.S. Reinstating DADT? Really? Why? "Military readiness" is jeopardized because some dumb rednecks suddenly worry that a throng of gay guys are going to rape them in the shower now that DADT has been repealed?

Old 12-13-2011, 09:38 PM

783 posts, read 2,022,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
I personally wish the Republican Party (generally speaking, of course) would back off the whole "gay" thing.
What makes you think that they always bring it up? Don't be so naive. Democrats constantly use division for money and votes. If they can claim that the GOP will harm gays, minorities, women, the poor, etc. then they will to as as long as it benefits them. There is no honor or honesty in politics. Politicians will do whatever it takes to get elected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
I cry quite a bit knowing I won't be able to give my parents the grandchildren they've wanted for years.
Wipe your tears. You can adopt an asian baby, just like that gay couple on "Modern Family". It will be hilarious!

Old 12-13-2011, 09:49 PM

9,331 posts, read 13,004,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
I agree, it's completely unrealistic to think that Paul can undo what the federal government has worked to accomplish in the last 100 years (for the benefit of the 1%). That is ever bit as unrealistic as Obama's "Hope and Change".
Yes, and by getting rid of every imaginable form of social welfare, Ron Paul and his economic vision will go great lengths in aiding America's downtrodden.

Old 12-13-2011, 09:51 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,608,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg42 View Post
Look out for yet another copycat username on this thread (and I guess a couple others).
Very keen eye, Greg. I didn't even notice that Love2Golf09 was the latest member to attract their own copycat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Golf09 View Post
What makes you think that they always bring it up? Don't be so naive. Democrats constantly use division for money and votes. If they can claim that the GOP will harm gays, minorities, women, the poor, etc. then they will to as as long as it benefits them. There is no honor or honesty in politics. Politicians will do whatever it takes to get elected.
It just seems like our nation has more pressing issues to be concerned about besides bickering about whether or not DADT should be reinstated because now some straight military members are afraid of dropping the soap in the shower, whether or not same-sex civil unions should be universally banned, whether or not employers should be incentivized to offer benefits to the same-sex partners of LGBT employees, etc., etc.

We're in a deep recession (well, analysts claim we pulled out of it in 2009, yet that has still not trickled down to Main Street). We still have troops deployed overseas in hostile territory. Domestic civil unrest (i.e. "Occupy") is on the increase. Our public educational system is failing. Our national debt is enormous and continues to grow. Our nation's priorities are so skewed that we're sending billions of dollars annually to foreign nations while PA may soon be laying off 10% of its state troopers, PAT is about to become so anemic it can barely function, and numerous bridges are in near-imminent danger of collapse (i.e. I-35W Bridge in Minneapolis?). Americans---Democrats, Republicans, Independents, and Libertarians alike---MUST focus our energies on what's IMPORTANT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Golf09 View Post
Wipe your tears. You can adopt an asian baby, just like that gay couple on "Modern Family". It will be hilarious!
Adoption is definitely in our future, once my partner's evil Dachsund croaks, of course, and once we are both on more sound fiscal footing. We have no preference for ethnicity/race. In fact, I may become a sperm donor for my good friend and former colleague, a young African-American woman who is already a single mother, wants to have a second child of mixed race, and seems to fancy my genetics for some reason unbeknownst to me.

Regardless I believe it would be in the child's best interest for he or she to have a lot of contact growing up with a close female friend of mine in addition to his or her two fathers.

Old 12-13-2011, 10:04 PM

783 posts, read 2,022,164 times
I voted for Romney in this poll, but I don't really care if it's Mittens, Newt, or a dead skunk. My vote is strictly an anti-Obama vote.

Old 12-13-2011, 10:06 PM

1,445 posts, read 1,972,313 times
According to Wikipedia, the city of Pittsburgh has a 5:1 ratio of Democrats to Republicans. It's hard to imagine that they'd every vote for a Republican. The rest of the metro area is another question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh