U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 07:12 AM

5,895 posts, read 5,843,710 times

Advertisements

Is there anything out there to substantiate the rumor?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2011, 08:09 AM

5,805 posts, read 8,707,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKyank View Post
Is there anything out there to substantiate the rumor?
Seeing as I just found out from my source inside MTV and she doesn't work directly with the show she works on Live Event Specials....She noticed from a company inside "newsletter" couldn't tell me where the house is gonna be or anything she said it was just a little paragraph about the 27 season.

MTV from what I gather (I haven't watched the RW since the original San Diego) like to keep everything on the Down Low so that when the house mates are out and about everything is a "Natural and Reality" as possible....I heard on one of the Reunions the Housemates aren't even allowed to disclose to the public that they're filming for MTV or the Real World.

So I wouldn't look for the Media in town to pick up the story until Filming is near completion, but all will be out in the open well before the season airs I gather. We'll know where the house is, where they've worked, where they hung the most, even where the housemates are from and personalities.

MTV itself probably wont announce anything until a few weeks before the season starts.

Old 12-16-2011, 08:21 AM

9,918 posts, read 21,057,135 times
Hard to believe people still watch this. Or maybe not. I suppose it's not a lot different than something like Jersey Shore (though I've never seen that). Only one I watched enough to remember is the (first?) London one, which was season 4, and I seem to remember watching a couple early shows in the Miami season after. That's it. That was ages ago. The show just screams 90s to me, not 10s.

Whatever though. If people still watch it, and they're going to do a season here, that's probably cool for added exposure depending upon how it plays.

Old 12-16-2011, 08:23 AM

2,418 posts, read 4,247,489 times
It's mentioned in an Atlantic Wire story about the last season.

Old 12-16-2011, 08:33 AM

4,601 posts, read 5,868,011 times
Kinda sucks that they would come years after the show was relevant.

Old 12-16-2011, 09:14 AM

5,805 posts, read 8,707,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg42 View Post
Hard to believe people still watch this. Or maybe not. I suppose it's not a lot different than something like Jersey Shore (though I've never seen that). Only one I watched enough to remember is the (first?) London one, which was season 4, and I seem to remember watching a couple early shows in the Miami season after. That's it. That was ages ago. The show just screams 90s to me, not 10s.

Whatever though. If people still watch it, and they're going to do a season here, that's probably cool for added exposure depending upon how it plays.
Real World pioneered Reality TV, but crumbled once the Genre became mainstream and sensationalized...I will watch it for the Burgh but I really hope they tweak it and make the Pittsburgh season stand out a little more, try something new and "Original" to Real World.

Old 12-16-2011, 09:49 AM

268 posts, read 325,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott2187 View Post
I thought that show died... or at least that's what I had hoped, along with MTV in general.
It waned out of popularity probably sometime circa 2005. I think Jersey Shore was a true deathnail because it basically pissed all over RW and people were more interested in the drama, sluts, and douche bags on JS than RW.

MTV in its purest form (a mecca of music videos) died sometime in the 90s

Old 12-16-2011, 10:15 AM

20,273 posts, read 29,279,396 times
I actually think they have an opportunity to retool it to make it relevant again, if they want to go that direction. Forget about all the softcore stuff and contrived drama--show these people actually trying to get real jobs. Show them participating in protests. Capture what is really going on among young people today.

I think people might watch that.

Old 12-16-2011, 10:21 AM

1,661 posts, read 2,379,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTH View Post
I actually think they have an opportunity to retool it to make it relevant again, if they want to go that direction. Forget about all the softcore stuff and contrived drama--show these people actually trying to get real jobs. Show them participating in protests. Capture what is really going on among young people today.

I think people might watch that.
I think that unfortunately the Real World is more likely to move in the direction of Jersey Shore. Perhaps without disgracing Italian-Americans so much.

Old 12-16-2011, 11:37 AM

9,155 posts, read 8,917,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeauty212 View Post
Real World pioneered Reality TV, but crumbled once the Genre became mainstream and sensationalized...I will watch it for the Burgh but I really hope they tweak it and make the Pittsburgh season stand out a little more, try something new and "Original" to Real World.
Isn't "tweak(ing) it" how it turned into the crapfest it has become?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh