Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 06:51 AM

919 posts, read 3,183,972 times

Advertisements

Thanks for responding to me I am happy to hear the good reports, as I did expect. We found a rare rental in Markham...with a flat yard for a great price. We hope to buy a home in three to five years, as we want to save more money for a larger down payment first. My hubby sent me some phone pics of the T, which we did not see when we made the trip up to visit, to sign the lease, over the holidays...nice to be able to hop the train to go placees...right now I am in the mountains of Va, in the middle of nowhere and I sure do miss the city convieinces. We are not extremely rich, and choose not to live in Fox Chapel, closer to work, we wanted great schools, city conveience and this was our best bet after all our research on the subject. Mt Lebo does not come off to me as upper rich class, but more middle class with pockets of elborate homes, however Fox Chapel seemed to be a bit too much and we were worried bout the snob factor over there...We have lived in some very expensive areas elsewhere, so maybe it just seems more middle class than some other areas where the homes were gated and started at 800 grand maybe too.

Thanks again! Nice to meet some new neighbors of mine!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2008, 08:09 PM

3 posts, read 19,026 times
in the pittsburgh area... mt lebanon is known to be a one of the upscale areas. as for price its pennsylvania... wat do you expect? but lebo maybe not as rich as NA or USC but lebo does offer a variety of different class groups. over all i feel you have nothing to worry about when it comes to bad areas. yes marcolm is a very nice area... but so are most of the elementary schools here. there are 7... and all named after presidents. virginia manor is the most expensive area to live in for they have the mansions. but you should be glad to know the mt. lebanon police force is very strict and they take their jobs very seriously. there are many undercovers, so not much flyies around here that they dont know about. i hope you come to love mt. lebanon for the highschool especially is top rated in the country. also i read some of your previous posts and the other upscale areas in pittsburgh you were looking at have serious drug problems. mt lebanon is no angel... but hopefully you teach your kids to be very good academically and they will most likely stay out of trouble. the school is seperated. there are the kids that have 4.3 and are all on the national honors society and then there are the kids that feel they cant compare. so they give up. i know from personal experience from seeing it in others but as long as your kids are active im sure they wont get in trouble. but yes welcome to mt. lebanon... a community that is involved.

Old 11-04-2009, 11:07 AM

2 posts, read 5,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmlane1 View Post
Just curious why Mt. Lebanon is your only option? No school busses, air conditioning in homes is more of the exception than the rule, older rundown homes, insane taxes, homes are crammed next to one another, and the schools are just "good," (I am basing this on experience from having taught in the District). Have you considered other areas that might have lower taxes, space between homes, and school busses?
Upper St. Clair is on the borders of Lebo and I was wondering what your opinion was on that? Better schools that's for sure.

Old 11-29-2009, 12:48 AM

4 posts, read 7,857 times
Default Searching for home rental in Mt Lebanon

Can someone please point me in the right direction?

I've searched Craig's list (found the perfect home but it was taken immediately!) and have exhausted the internet searching for a 3+ bedroom, 2 bath home with fenced in yard in Mt Lebanon.

We are relocating from overseas and I would need to find something for January. We have a dog which is why I need the fenced in yard....unless someone has some advice regarding the invisible fences and their cost?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! I have family in the area and they are also searching for us.

Old 11-30-2009, 04:03 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,013,252 times
You'll get a better response if you start another thread. Since this thread is pages long and years old. Few people will bother to check it.

I don't know the cost for an invisible fence, but I don't recommend it. Invisible fences don't protect dogs from other dogs coming into the yard to attack it. I have two dogs and no fence. We are always outside with our dogs when they are outside. It's fairly common for a dog to come into our yard. If we weren't out with our dogs, something bad would have happened to them quite a few times.

When push comes to shove looking for a house, you could live without a fence. You just need to change your lifestyle by putting your dog on a bathroom schedule. I take mine out to our yard with a leash at specific times of the day. They get right down to business, and it only take 5 minutes. They get exercise by going on walks, going to dog runs at parks, and hiking in the woods with us. We play inside with them too. They get all worn out with an inside game of catch or wrestling.

Old 11-30-2009, 06:53 AM

4 posts, read 7,857 times
Thank you so much for the info!!! I never even thought of the fact that other dogs could enter the yard! I am new to this forum...any kind of forum actually...so I figured out how to create a new thread after I posted this one! I will now try and do it right this time

Thanks again!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh